• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of jeans do you own?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
part of me wants to blow my nut on some AIs, but at the same time I like to fade my jeans

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
Samurai S710xx PBJ 007xx Gap Low Rise Straight white selvage next: SExSC06 (working on a buy over the next couple of days; keeping fingers crossed) and Samurai Black Knight (whenever they are released). I hope to GOD that gets me through the rest of the year without another denim purchase.
I wound up purchasing the SExSC06 and a pair of Crate v. Farinellis. The Sams don't really appeal to me anymore (been there done that). I think it's time to invest in chinos...

vivalet

Reaction score
I have 16 pairs of jeans (I'm not counting the twills with a jean cut, denim), and I only wear 2 pairs. The APC Rescues, and the Nau loose but not slutty.

I have 3 pairs of the naus waiting in the wings for when the current pair wears out.

I also have some levis, some gap that I wear once a year to keep them in the closet.

I also have some billabong, which are pretty cool, but a little big now, some Lucky with their big butt, saving these for when I get chunky and it doesn't matter what I wear.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Updated to 18...
uhoh.gif
Originally Posted by whodini
Nudie Thin Finn (black) Nudie SSDS Svenska 5EPxSF Crate Sally Crate James IV Selvage Crate Journal rb15s rb9 RRL slim fit RRL slim boot RRL slim boot tan/cream PBJ xx-004 (hemmed to straight leg)* Kill City rocker fit Academi relaxed fit (grey) Crate vs Farinelli's* KZO black overdye Jean Shop Skinny Chimala Baggy Buckleback *=Regular rotation Some time before the end of the year: RRL Low Straight

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Do I get brownie points if I say that street looks suspiciously like it's in Key West?

well it says key west in one of the signs in the photo. :p

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Normal ones:
Skull 5010 6x6
KMW Rocker
Levi 501
Uniqlo Black Selvege

Colored:
Uniqlo White S-001 summer weight
Uniqlo Red S-001 summer weight
Uniqlo Green T-000
Uniqlo Grey T-000
Uniqlo Blue T-000
Uniqlo Khaki T-000

I don't think I ever wore the green, only wore the blue once. Wore the 501s and black Uniqlos alternating almost every day a few months ago. Only wore grey and khaki a couple times, and only wore the KMWs around my house a couple times as well.

I had about 6 other pairs but I donated them to charity as either they didn't fit me anymore (I lost weight) or they were basically a Korean Walmart equivalent that were used while I was losing weight.

Basically trying to beat the **** out of these Skulls for the time being.

Ohhai

Reaction score
At least 2 dozen, 10 of which are selvedge.

Aside from the gray, black, and white pairs for variation only 5 or 6 pair get worn with any frequency.

LVC 1947 501
Gap Skinny Rigid
RRL Straight Selvedge Dark Rinse
Gap Authentic Destroyed
CvsF
StudioDA 103

Gap Bucklebacks and LVC 1954 or 1944 are next on my list.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
FOK.. I don't even know what half those brands/models are. <-- small timer.
... some visual aid
smile.gif
iconjeans-1.jpg
edit: from L>R row 1: Sam 5000bk, Sam 526xxII, Sam s710, SC 40400N, Replay WR Ltd Ed., Sam s500, PRPS circa'04, Denime xxtype circa '96 row 2: PBJ 005bk, PBJ 007, Skull 5010xx 6x6, SD 105, FH 1001[sold], FH 380, SD 101, Gilded Age 1001 Ltd BC row 3: Gilded Age 1008b volcanic dyed, PRPS "sample" vintage wash, Nudie RRDS circa '02, 45rpm Sorahiko distressed, SExSC02, FC 0108C, Sam 5000ai-10sp, Sam Yamato s001jp edit: DJ-501XX added. FH 1001 sold recently.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Nice. I know I've been on SF for too long as I can ID all those haha. As for my collection: APC NS (boring) Nudie AJDH (Favorite cut ever, best color indigo, accidently washed at 3 weeks
frown.gif
) Levi's 511 (Not best fit, but amazing metallic gray/blue color) Soon to be bought: 3Sixteen 210 (Black overdye skinny fit) medium gray jeans (possibly N&F)

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In rotation:

CvF
5EPxSF
Skull 5010
KMW Rockers

Don't wear:

Sugarcane 1947

Waiting to be worn:

R&amp;B Jay jeans

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
KMW 1950 Forge wash
Earnest Sewn Fulton
Rogan Puck Xavier
Rogan Puck Silt
Helmut Lang black skinny
Nudie RRDS
5EP LDB
Naked and Famous BiG Special 21oz
N&F Organic Indigo
Flat Head 310
Somet 003
Samurai S5000VX (on the way)

12 total

Just ordered a pair of Dior black silver selvage 21cms so up to 13. I will probably be breaking them in for the rest of my life.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
Dayum.
You ruined the shot, one of the jeans is not folded properly
laugh.gif

You wear all your jeans cuffed? (never bother with hemming?)

actually, the 1 of the reasons i got an ecclectic collection is because i dint want to bother with the angst and dilemma pertaining to my denim jeans obsession__ eg, to hem or not to hem, cuff or stack, size down/up or true, etc., etc. so, i got a few [Skull 5010, PBJ 005bk, s500, s5000bk, & s001j] hemmed exact @32 which i can wear clean w/o the cuffing [or maybe just light stacking as on the Skulls]. the rest are hemmed around 33-34 [ei, depending on the cut]. luckily, BiG is conveniently accessible as i live in the city.

the SCs, SDAs, and Nudies shrink to a @33-ish after wash, so i get to keep original hem
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads