• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Just Bought a... (Wine, Spirit, or Beer)

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just came across some bottles of Laphroaig 30. Its amazing. If you are a fan of Laphroaigs, or mature Islays in general, this is a must. I'm willing to share the wealth (a little, I still want the bulk of the find!). PM me and we can chat.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ama
I just came across some bottles of Laphroaig 30. Its amazing. If you are a fan of Laphroaigs, or mature Islays in general, this is a must. I'm willing to share the wealth (a little, I still want the bulk of the find!). PM me and we can chat.

Agreed on mature Islays. I have had several drams from this bottle, and have greatly enjoyed each one:

DSC00829.jpg

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I had a G&T. Bought this last night, nothing too spectecular, but it's a special little bottle of gin.
r9417lg.jpg

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Hendrick's is what I have on hand right now, though I'm still a sucker for Gordon's.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I love Hendrick's, nice buy Dark.

One of the bottles killed at happy "hour" last Friday, was a bottle of Hendricks. And a bottle of Crown. And a bottle of Sotol. And...

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RCG Tiburon
Anyone have any opinion on Seagrams? It is cheap but I am poor
frown.gif

you could always make your own
teacha.gif

Sounds rather complicated...

r...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by r...
Relax riesling , this **** is banging!

+ another one. **** is still bangin!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Bought some fixings today. Orange blossom and rose water, Peychaud bitters, Luxardo maraschino and Campari. I also got another bottle of Junipero and one of Hendricks. Even last year, I would not have thought I'd have several different gins at once. I'm trying very hard to find creme de Violet, as I want to make an Aviator. I do have the fixings for a Corpsereviver though, and shall make one tonight.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Find yourself some green chartreuse and you can make "the last word."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
^ Find yourself some green chartreuse and you can make "the last word."

Found it. What's the shelf life on that? It's $50, so I'll pass if it's a short shelf life after opening.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no clue! But as it's 110 proof, it's probably not going to be foul like some really old vermouth would be.

The recipe is equal parts: Gin, green chartreuse, lime juice, and maraschino. But, a little goes a long way with maraschino - I'd consider cutting that back some...

syracuse1976

Reaction score
Tito's handmade vodka for cocktails and some 2005 Mondavi Oakville cab for the ribeye tonight.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
no clue! But as it's 110 proof, it's probably not going to be foul like some really old vermouth would be.

The recipe is equal parts: Gin, green chartreuse, lime juice, and maraschino. But, a little goes a long way with maraschino - I'd consider cutting that back some...

I went and read up on it. Yup, 55% distilled ETOH. It's going to keep for a few years in good storage conditions, no problem. I was reading up on The Last Word, and found a derivative drink, Refined Speech. More gin, less lemon juice. I'll be trying them both in a few weeks
smile.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
^^Medium garnet in the glass this wine has a gorgeous aromas of cranberry, wet earth and violets. In the mouth it is above all, juicy, with incredibly lush, soft textures that envelop cherry, plummy flavors that deepen and resonate the longer the wine stays on the palate. Great acidity and poise last through an incredibly long finish. A bit less structured than the single vineyard Pinot Noirs, this third addition to the Pinot lineup is bound to find lots of fans. Score: around 9.5. Cost: $42.

drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads