• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tequila

hws

Reaction score
Tequila good for shot with lime and salt, especially when there is party with much girl! But also good for margarita and some other drink

also like the worm

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
Tequila good for shot with lime and salt, especially when there is party with much girl! But also good for margarita and some other drink

also like the worm

You're going to get voted off the island, if you don't up your material.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws

also like the worm

The only thing you got right here is "much girl"
smile.gif

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak
Some photos of a trip to Tequila:

Monument to El Jimador, the agave harvester (This is actually in Amatitan, the next town over):
P1010799.JPG

i wouldn't call that a "monument"!
laugh.gif

it's nice to hear you visited guadalajara. that is my hometown. so many americans think mexico is just beaches and pyramids, but we have many large modern cities. what did you think of the girls in guadalajara? they are famous for their beauty (ojos tapatÃos), and they outnumber the men by a large margin.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws

also like the worm

They don't put worms in tequila. They only do it with Mezcal.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am a bona-fide no0b when it comes to tequila, but I do like Don Julia or Milagro (blanco) on ice from time to time. Can't see myself drinking a mixed drink with it though, since it has such a unique flavor, it'd be a shame to camoflage it.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some tequilas we have around. My absolute favorite if you are going to be spending more than $25 is Partida blanca (about $45-$50). I think it is the best of the ultra premium brands otherwise get Centenario.

tequila.jpg

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
it's nice to hear you visited guadalajara. that is my hometown.

I have family in northern Jalisco, closer to Zacatecas, so I try to visit every few years.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Casa Noble line a great deal. Also, despite its overhypedness, I think that the Patron Anjeo and Blanco are very good tequilas for the money/availability.

mikej77

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Porfidio tequila? I had the anejo recently and it ws the smoothest tequila I have ever tasted.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Recently tried el Jimador silver and Herradura reposado. I found them both on that San Francisco spirits list I posted recently. The el Jimador was top rated and really was excellent. Probably the best silver that I've ever tasted. The Herradura could easily compete with the top reposados that I've tried but I don't know if I'd give it the top spot. Definitely worth a try though.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Recently tried el Jimador silver and Herradura reposado. I found them both on that San Francisco spirits list I posted recently. The el Jimador was top rated and really was excellent. Probably the best silver that I've ever tasted. The Herradura could easily compete with the top reposados that I've tried but I don't know if I'd give it the top spot. Definitely worth a try though.

El Jimador is just coming back to what it once was. They had their agave fields wiped out about a decade ago, and were a "mixto" for years after. Now they're getting back to 100% blue agave. El Jimador was the tequila that demonstrated to me it is for more than bar shots.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
El Jimador is just coming back to what it once was. They had their agave fields wiped out about a decade ago, and were a "mixto" for years after. Now they're getting back to 100% blue agave. El Jimador was the tequila that demonstrated to me it is for more than bar shots.
Well if this isn't their best I can't wait to taste what is. I cocked up the World Spirits rankings. It was actually el Tesoro platinum that had the overall best ranking. Blue Head Tequilla reposado had the best ranking for a reposado. Sol de Mexico anejo had the best ranking for an anjejo and Casa Noble anjejo single barrel had the best ranking for an extra-anejo. Here's the list: http://sfspiritscomp.com/pdfs/09ResultsMedal.pdf Has anyone tried any of the three winners?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Well if this isn't their best I can't wait to taste what is.

I think they're back to 100% blue agave now.

I can't think of the fungus name, but apparently one wiped out large swaths of agave about a decade ago, and it takes about a decade or so for an agave plant to mature. So while we've seen a rise in tequila drinking and production, we've actually had a decrease in blue agave, hence the "mixtos."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads