• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

WE350B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamm23
Any pics? I haven't seen these yet.

I don't have a working camera at the moment, except for an iPhone, and the results were disastrous, sorry. They're not on the Gap website. They do show a buckleback authentic there, but it's medium wash. The ones I got were clearly rigid, also, the ones on the website didn't have the selvage-lined back pockets (top edge) and middle belt loop, which mine have. I say call around, see if they have them. I just got home and tried them on again and then tried on some other "premium" denim (SC, SDA, etc.) to compare. Yes, I still like them, a lot actually. I guess it starts with them having a "golden" fit (self edge phrase kop).

bossman08

Reaction score
Would someone be able to pick me up a pair of the rigid selvage indigo denim? Anyone have measurements for an authentic fit? I would need a 32x32 or 32x34.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bossman08
Would someone be able to pick me up a pair of the rigid selvage indigo denim? Anyone have measurements for an authentic fit? I would need a 32x32 or 32x34.

Don't think most stores have them anymore (or ever had them to begin with for that matter)

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bossman08

This is literally the equivalent of saying "someone go to self edge and get me the Sugar Canes".

There are several pairs past and present that fit that description. Why would you want a random unnamed cut?

chiamdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iamprov76
i bought a straight-fit dark rinse for $34.50 ($20 off) and while it's clearly not APC territory, for workhorse jeans it's a steal. Good fit, too.

I'm very tempted. Is the straight fit the closest equivalent to the New Standard?

bossman08

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ohhai
This is literally the equivalent of saying "someone go to self edge and get me the Sugar Canes".

There are several pairs past and present that fit that description. Why would you want a random unnamed cut?

I'm referring to the new selvage authentic fit in indigo rigid. One of the posters mentioned he picked up a pair in one of the flagship stores. Are there multiple versions of the selvage authentic fit indigo jeans in rigid?

iamprov76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream
I'm very tempted. Is the straight fit the closest equivalent to the New Standard?

probably... the rise is a bit lower and they're slightly less tapered. not selvedge at the 54.50 price point either, but again, for just bangin' around it's pretty good.

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Is the NYC flagship store the one across the street from the Macy's on Harold Sq?

I don't know NYC that well but assuming you mean Herald Square at 34th then yes I believe that is a flagship location. I know they carried Pierre Hardy and only a handful of non flag stores ever got those.

happy hooligan

Reaction score
I just stopped by tonight and looked at the selvedge they had.

It's similar to the one they had a couple of years ago.

I saw the buckle back with crazy selvedge lines on almost every pocket and the non buckle back one.

The older Gap Selvedge was made in Machu (china) and the new selvedge is made in just plain China.

The older ones actually say Japanese Selvedge Denim while the new ones I guess are just Chinese Selvedge.

(I have an old gap pair in the market if anyone's interested)

Over all they didn't look bad, but most raw jeans look good to me. It's when they're worn that you can start to see how good they are.

I picked up both of their chambray shirts they just came out with.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
Are there any stores left in NYC that have the older selvedge rigid denim left in stock for sale? (prob not.. )

Yes, I've def seen these around in skinny fit and straight fit during the past 2 weeks.

Call the Flagship store on 34th and Broadway. I know they had some left as of last week. Or the one on Broadway and 42nd.

Ohhai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
What colors were the chambrays, any grays?

They call one "light blue" but it looks gray to my eyes. I threw it on with faded black jeans and it still looked gray.

The other one is a traditional blue.

there is a flagship only chambray as well but I haven't seen that one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads