• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Because of my maturity level or my fit pics?

I just turned a ripe ol' 36!

chiamdream

Reaction score
Yikes, that's the first time I've seen a suggested price for that. I'd be surprised if they charged $129 for it...anyone else think that's crazy?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiamdream
Yikes, that's the first time I've seen a suggested price for that. I'd be surprised if they charged $129 for it...anyone else think that's crazy?
No, considering that the used originals go for hundreds of dollars on ebay. They're also made in Norway.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
What's wrong with the Norwegian sweater? It's a classic.
Because it's an ugly pattern that should have stayed dead? If it wasn't shown in photographs of people at ivy colleges in the 60's (and later the Preppy Handbook), nobody would have given a damn about it.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
I think at the price range that they are shooting for, the slim fit is the most that you can reasonably expect.
Well, getting the details right is just a design issue, and getting the fabrics right doesn't necessarily mean nerded-out-woven-on-a-40s-loom. There are American-made repros of 60s Brooks Brothers shirts, Big Mac flannels, Champion sweatshirts, etc. on the Japanese market that retail near J. Crew prices, so it's not impossible.
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
The vintage ones went for hundreds?! I saw a few go for 30-40 when I was looking.
Maybe you looked before it was on ACL? Ebay prices for Americana seem to be skyrocketing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Sweater is nice why you hatin robin I never even seen that **** before.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Sweater is nice why you hatin robin I never even seen that **** before.

How many years of eating and lifting will it take before I can fit into your hand me down sweaters? Everything you have, I want. Especially that Junya cowichan.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
When you can rep two plates on flat bench and 105 lb dumbbells for 4 sets.

I can't afford the $2k cowichan
frown.gif

PS. I am retiring from the knit game.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
Well, getting the details right is just a design issue, and getting the fabrics right doesn't necessarily mean nerded-out-woven-on-a-40s-loom. There are American-made repros of 60s Brooks Brothers shirts, Big Mac flannels, Champion sweatshirts, etc. on the Japanese market that retail near J. Crew prices, so it's not impossible.
True. Still, you can't fault me for assuming that someone emphasizing 'details and fabric' on this forum means nothing short of time travel to the early 20th century and contracting the Triangle factory or something.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
How many years of eating and lifting will it take before I can fit into your hand down my sweaters? Everything you have, I want.
**** I misread this **** ****.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
lol8[1].gif

it was a pretty **** poast, not gon' lie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics