• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Doctor

Reaction score
You're going to buy a pair of jeans which you plan to wear, no doubt for 12 months - probably more, maybe less and you "don't have enough time to get the inseam altered"??

Pfft. Don't be ridiculous. You're short. You need to alter it. Otherwise cuff them.

cmr924

Reaction score
I'll be leaving the country soon and wanted to know if any place sold raw denim in a 30L, my normal jean size. I can get them altered later but would like to at least be able to wear it first.

Thanks for the help?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmr924
I'll be leaving the country soon and wanted to know if any place sold raw denim in a 30L, my normal jean size. I can get them altered later but would like to at least be able to wear it first.

Thanks for the help?

Brands that have jeans that come in 30L are not the ones you want to be spending $150-200 on. If you're that anal about the inseam then you're better off finding some cheaper jeans like Levi's or an alternative mall brand.

robba

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
Yeah, just keep lying to yourself.
ok not tight but unconfy. I have very skinny legs (and I'm 6"; 145lbs) and it feels awkward to have the jeans wrapped (ok with some space) around my knee. around my calves is more space which looks weird also. I guess I just don't like slim fit. anyway I just ordered a pair 501 STF.

cmr924

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Brands that have jeans that come in 30L are not the ones you want to be spending $150-200 on.

If you're that anal about the inseam then you're better off finding some cheaper jeans like Levi's or an alternative mall brand.

Why is that exactly?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cmr924
Why is that exactly?
Boutique jeans aren't mass produced the way mall brands are so they simply cannot afford to be offering different inseams (although a few brands do offer 32/34 or regular/long.) I'd also suspect that someone who's taking the effort and cash to buy something nice will also take the effort and cash to have the jeans tailored how they wish.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Boutique jeans aren't mass produced the way mall brands are so they simply cannot afford to be offering different inseams (although a few brands do offer 32/34 or regular/long.) I'd also suspect that someone who's taking the effort and cash to buy something nice will also take the effort and cash to have the jeans tailored how they wish.

To add to that, it's just like buying expensive dress pants. They come with long hems that are meant to be tailored after the item is purchased. The only difference with jeans being the hem is finished.

rkingucla

Reaction score
hey i have a pair of samurai 0500's in size 32 and i really like the fit, but i'm looking for something just a tiny bit slimmer too. i've been looking into
warehouse 660s
studio d'artisan sd103's
skull s5010xx

i can't find any of those in stock in the us yet, so does anyone have any other recommendations?

heman

Reaction score
So my first pair of raw denim got completely soaked in the rain today. I'm leaving town for 2 weeks tomorrow morning and I really want to bring them with me.

My question is: how long will it take for these jeans to dry? I've left them hanging inside-out outside for about 2 hours now and its getting a little bit dryer. Are there any alternative methods that may be faster for drying them?

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rkingucla
hey i have a pair of samurai 0500's in size 32 and i really like the fit, but i'm looking for something just a tiny bit slimmer too. i've been looking into
warehouse 660s
studio d'artisan sd103's
skull s5010xx

i can't find any of those in stock in the us yet, so does anyone have any other recommendations?

you check SE and BiG?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heman
So my first pair of raw denim got completely soaked in the rain today. I'm leaving town for 2 weeks tomorrow morning and I really want to bring them with me.

My question is: how long will it take for these jeans to dry? I've left them hanging inside-out outside for about 2 hours now and its getting a little bit dryer. Are there any alternative methods that may be faster for drying them?

aim a fan at them

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heman

They air out within hours in the summertime.

aoluffy

Reaction score
im buying pbj-005s waist 31'' (my first pair of raw denims). (true waist is 31.2''... maybe going on 30.5'' in a motnh or two... maybe 31.5''). (i might get 32'' if the thighs don't fit?).

im usually a 32'' inseam. the jeans come in 35'' inseam. i'm buying them from BiG. so thinking of getting the inseam chainstiched. should i put the inseam to 32'' or more or less? first pair of raw denims and i see some ppl roll over the bottoms of their jeans for some reason.

any info much appreciated. also any advice in first pair of raw denims please.

im getting one wash i think because im scared i will mess up the soaking method and i dont really understansd the advantage to soaking them by yourself compared to one wash.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think i'm gonna hem my skulls

option 1: send to SE and get chainstitched
option 2: have the tailor use the original hem
option 3: *******, just have them hemmed normally

what should i do?

blue team go!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads