• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What're the length measurements on these shirts? Also, ever plan on adding chest pockets to them? Thanks

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I think Epaulet is shut down/on vacation for a couple weeks.

BTW, congrats to the shop on a little mention in today's Washington Post Express. They highlighted Mark McNairy's shoes in an (actually not bad) prep style spread and mentioned Epaulet as the retailer. Pretty much lifted from the NYT piece, but still nice.

prepexpress.jpg

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm out here at Cranes taking pictures of the new luggage line from Filson. My new short sleeve woodblock shirt from Mike is awesome.

I sent a pm to Mike letting him know I wanted one and asked if he could hold a medium til I got home from a recent roadtrip. He replied and said sure no problem. Well I called him a few days later and we got to talking. During our conversation he told me he held a medium and a large. It seems Mike did a little digging and checked out my WAYWN pics and correctly figured out a large was what I needed. Needless to say I'm very much impressed with not only the shirt but Mike's dedication to a potential customer. All I can say is well done Mike. Whenever I'm looking for a nice shirt your my go to first guy.

I'll post pics later.

JOA

Reaction score
Great looking items. Is there a chance you will (or can) get a pair of those McNairy Dirty Bucs in a size 9D? I'm looking to get a pair.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit pic for my woodblock shirt. 5'9", 160 lbs., size 40R jacket, 31inch waist. The shirt is a size large and fits very well.

shameless1.jpg

Oh and Mike here's one of mine.

shameless.jpg

Geez, I should learn how to smile......

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
The angry well dressed man LOL

Decent photographer usually means lousy model. LOL!

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

When is the next Small Batch run? Rocking my gingham seersucker shirt today and I'm looking forward to what you're putting out next.

Also, are you expecting any new cufflinks any time soon? Thanks!

dunkin

Reaction score
wtf? ive walked past this store dozens of times and never realized it was a different store....
if i remember correctly the store before epaulet was wick wick wack!!
Frack me!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
What're the length measurements on these shirts? Also, ever plan on adding chest pockets to them? Thanks

Sorry man, I meant to add this to our online descriptions before I left. I'll hook up all the length and shoulder to shoulder measurements next week. And yes, our upcoming collaborative flannel shirt will have a left chest pocket.

Originally Posted by shoreman1782

BTW, congrats to the shop on a little mention in today's Washington Post Express. They highlighted Mark McNairy's shoes in an (actually not bad) prep style spread and mentioned Epaulet as the retailer. Pretty much lifted from the NYT piece, but still nice.

prepexpress.jpg

Thanks for posting this! The McNairy shoes are great, and we've gotten a lot of awesome press. Unfortunately, I don't have either of these shoes in stock (didn't order the dirty buck, saddle shoe is a Fall style), but any press is good press. We'll have the Navy and Brown saddles in mid-September if anyone's interested.

Originally Posted by Crane's
I'm out here at Cranes taking pictures of the new luggage line from Filson. My new short sleeve woodblock shirt from Mike is awesome.

I sent a pm to Mike letting him know I wanted one and asked if he could hold a medium til I got home from a recent roadtrip. He replied and said sure no problem. Well I called him a few days later and we got to talking. During our conversation he told me he held a medium and a large. It seems Mike did a little digging and checked out my WAYWN pics and correctly figured out a large was what I needed. Needless to say I'm very much impressed with not only the shirt but Mike's dedication to a potential customer. All I can say is well done Mike. Whenever I'm looking for a nice shirt your my go to first guy.

Thanks so much for your order and kind words Karl! I'm so glad that you dig the shirt and that the Large worked. It was a pleasure speaking with you. Great pics too.

Originally Posted by JOA
Great looking items. Is there a chance you will (or can) get a pair of those McNairy Dirty Bucs in a size 9D? I'm looking to get a pair.

Sorry, I didn't pick up the dirty bucks for Fall. Unfortunately, I can't special order just one unit. But I'll have two saddle shoes and an awesome blue suede chukka boot - all on that red brick sole.

Originally Posted by breakz
Hey Mike,

When is the next Small Batch run? Rocking my gingham seersucker shirt today and I'm looking forward to what you're putting out next.

Also, are you expecting any new cufflinks any time soon? Thanks!

Our newest delivery is the Red Gingham, Blue Chambray, and Burgundy Oxford. We did them all to the "Styleforum specs" of a buttondown collar and trocas shell buttons. You can see them here:
http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...rts/Categories

Our next delivery will the the collaborative Flannel shirts and a few other long-sleeves and French cuffs.

And I just received some new cufflinks from Simon Carter. I'll get them up on the website next week.

Originally Posted by dunkin
wtf? ive walked past this store dozens of times and never realized it was a different store....
if i remember correctly the store before epaulet was wick wick wack!!
Frack me!!

Yes, you might remember the old store - Ohio Knitting Mills. They carried deadstock US-made sweaters. I believe that he set up a booth at the Pop-Up Flea that Michael Williams (A Continuous Lean) organized. Really nice guy, and he did us a huge favor. Trying to set up a retail store in Brooklyn is a nightmare, and we were able to easily move into his nearly ready space.

But yeah, if you're in the neighborhood, then please stop by! Drop me a line whenever you want to come, and I'll be sure to be there.

Cheers,
Mike

dunkin

Reaction score
ahhh didnt realize thats the space u were in, i liked that sweater shop...i thought u were further down smith closer to atlantic...so u aer pretty near smith and butler..will def try and come in the next week or so and say hi

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Sorry, I didn't pick up the dirty bucks for Fall. Unfortunately, I can't special order just one unit. But I'll have two saddle shoes and an awesome blue suede chukka boot - all on that red brick sole.

How about two pairs? Whats the minimum on this kind of thing?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
Sorry, I have to get a minimum of 12 pairs on it. Given the lead time, we'd be looking at a November delivery.

no worries, thanks for looking into it!

an aside...do you take special orders? love your shirt's fit and would like a couple more...do you do this kind of thing?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
no worries, thanks for looking into it!

an aside...do you take special orders? love your shirt's fit and would like a couple more...do you do this kind of thing?

Thanks - I'm glad that you dig them! Well, with the shirts we also have to do a run of 10 pieces per style. But if there's something specific that you're looking for, please drop me an e-mail or just post it here. Chances are good that some other guys will like it too and we can put it into our next batch.

Outside of that, we've got about 20-25 new shirts planned for the Fall - including some collaborative and special editions. They'll definitely be a lot to choose from!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads