• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by titleofauser
went today and picked up a few things...

Secret Wash button-down shirt in medium gingham - site says navy, but I swear the one I bought is a really dark purple

I am thinking about one of those. Is it purple enough to turn you off from it, or sort of meh, whatever, no big deal?

titleofauser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
I am thinking about one of those. Is it purple enough to turn you off from it, or sort of meh, whatever, no big deal?
actually, i'm sort of happier that it's a purple instead of navy. I'm not even sure why, but I find it so subtle that I like it more than if it was just a regular ol' navy. so, for me anyways, i'd say you should get it. i think it's a fantastic shirt.

k4ppah

Reaction score
Ordered a few cotton-cashmere sweaters three days ago (I think?) and they got here today. Very happy with them and they got here surprisingly quickly.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4ppah
Ordered a few cotton-cashmere sweaters three days ago (I think?) and they got here today. Very happy with them and they got here surprisingly quickly.

Did you pay for expedited shipping? I don't know how some people get there orders so fast!
Everytime I place a order I get a shiping confirmation, but the package sits at J.crew for a day or two. I always get the "Rescheduled Delivery Date" BS.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Time to pull out the wallet again folks - all kinds of new goodies just in...

Some nice secret wash shirts

Military mockneck is back!

Vintage army cargo pants

New McCalisters in oiled Italian leather

New Redwing boots (ugly)

Youngstown flannel

Much more....my self discipline is weakening
blush.gif

EXTRA 20 is now gone.

Also, they are getting a little carried away with the "disheveled" look here LOL...

3838754281_a8d8974ca4_o.jpg

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Fall/winter is when J. Crew does it best.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vernon-Dozier
Also, they are getting a little carried away with the "disheveled" look here LOL...

3838754281_a8d8974ca4_o.jpg

Looks like he pulled an all-nighter. Must have been engrossed in his Steinbeck novels.

Yeah, seriously, there's a lot to love suddenly: the pea coat, the wool university coat, the military mock cardigan.

But cargo pants? People still wear those?

The secret wash shirts are nice, especially in the tartans.

Now I'm wondering if I need to hang back on that $100 fleece jacket and save my pennies for one of the coats or that cardigan instead. Damn, why can't I have everything?

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Fall/winter is when J. Crew does it best.
Same can be said for just about everyone, but I agree. e: That alpine-tartan wool tie is killer

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New plaids and tartans look great.

Red Wing boots are meh. The 899's were better.

There's also a Rogues Gallery bag available, along with Stan Smiths.

Camp Socks are back.
bigstar[1].gif

Django

Reaction score
Cargo pants seem to be something that a few bloggers love, but no one can really pull off. Even that shot on Mr Mort with the dude in quad-cargo pants looks dumb from the waist down.

New cardigan in charcoal looks grey, same with the University coat. Alpine wool tie sounds fun too.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Django
Cargo pants seem to be something that a few bloggers love, but no one can really pull off. Even that shot on Mr Mort with the dude in quad-cargo pants looks dumb from the waist down.

That guy looked dumb all over. That's his prerogative as I guess it's his job to look interesting.

Originally Posted by bye4now122
SOLD

2vxnf5f.jpg

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...8608/18608.jsp

Exactly what I was looking for this f/w, a super thick will cardigan. Going in today if they have one I'll be pulling the trigger otherwise I'll be ordering one in the next few days. I'm worried they'll run out.

Wow, that is nice. Will have to see in person.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
I think I'm the only person remaining on earth that really doesn't like a shawl collar

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah, my policy's gonna be to not pull the trigger on anything I don't see in the store. This might help me stay within budget.

chiamdream

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bye4now122
Exactly what I was looking for this f/w, a super thick will cardigan. Going in today if they have one I'll be pulling the trigger otherwise I'll be ordering one in the next few days. I'm worried they'll run out.

Looks like it's catalog/web site only.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads