• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
was the smallest size made int eh chinos a 28?

I think so. And they really do run big. I bought them in my apc nc size.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crap cuz i rock a 26 in apc! haha but i purchased the CvsF in size 28 and they are fine. ill just have to make due with the 28 IF that is for real the smallest size made

whats the insaem on these bad boys? and can anyone confirm that 28 is the smallest made?

Lachy

Reaction score
These won't stretch though, right? Usually you buy the jeans so you can just button them, then they stretch out to a nice comfy fit. But I've never found trousers to stretch.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trousers definitely can stretch and the RRL chino material looks stretch-able.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
crap cuz i rock a 26 in apc! haha but i purchased the CvsF in size 28 and they are fine. ill just have to make due with the 28 IF that is for real the smallest size made

whats the insaem on these bad boys? and can anyone confirm that 28 is the smallest made?

I'd don't know if I'd trust these to just any tailor, but you could have them taken in slighty if necessary.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada

Just for example, my J.Crew Officer's Chino's stretched a full size bigger. My Gap Standard Khaki's didn't stretch hardly at all.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
whodini, since you're probably the only who's person handled the selvage ones. Is there a big difference between the it and the non-selvage? Ie: is it worth almost double the regular pair?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
whodini, since you're probably the only who's person handled the selvage ones. Is there a big difference between the it and the non-selvage? Ie: is it worth almost double the regular pair?
I'll be honest, the last time I handled them was about eight months ago for no more than a couple of minutes. That said, the fabric was pretty damn crisp and rigid compared to the 8oz chinos. Is it enough of a difference to warrant the additional cost? I'll put it this way: -No one else does this chino. KMW's version is obviously very nice but at $275 retail their fabric isn't as substantial nor as limited as RRL. -If you're shelling out for RRL it's because you're not looking for a pair of J.Crew's that you can have altered; you're looking for better fabric, construction, and attention to detail and if this is the best RRL has to offer then you're paying for a "grail" piece, the chino. -Going along the "grail" idea, you're also paying for the nerd/collector value at that price range but that's not to say that RRL is marking it up just for the sake of it. The fabric is EXPENSIVE (that's what you're paying for) and for better or worse it looks like for the upcoming seasons RRL is going to use even more expensive fabrics for their garments; I guess you can think of these chinos as the rude introduction. FWIW, it's clearly expensive for what it is and I'd have no trouble understanding why people would bash it for the price as I was sticker shocked the first time I saw them. That said, after a few minutes of mulling it over I began to put it in my fall wishlist for a couple of reasons: I don't wear chinos so if I had to get one pair for my closet why not make it the pair and the fabric is about as legit as I've ever handled for a chino. It's pretty obvious I'm a RRL fanboy so my opinions will be skewed but hopefully tainted with some truth.

Lachy

Reaction score
The reasons who has just sited are my thoughts too (though I have obviously never handled the chinos). I rarely wear trousers casually, I've been looking add a pair of chinos, and these seem like the ****. Plus, that magic word "selvage", it's like catnip.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Randon- they are trousers so if they run big ( not to big) getting the waist taken in is not going to be a problem at all.
look at the details. they are made for being let in and out.
Best,
Mauro

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada

they do stretch. not APC-style, but they'll move.

ss10guy3

Reaction score
I moved to LA recently, which means I'm actually near an RRL store now. Will I be able to find stuff there throughout the year that dealers like Farinelli's only get once (ie limited edition chinos)?

I ask because I have no money now after (having moved), but will hopefully be solvent again soon now that I have started work. Thanks!

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by travisttt
I moved to LA recently, which means I'm actually near an RRL store now. Will I be able to find stuff there throughout the year that dealers like Farinelli's only get once (ie limited edition chinos)? I ask because I have no money now after (having moved), but will hopefully be solvent again soon now that I have started work. Thanks!
Well, it's an RRL store so... Limited items will be...limited. The rest will be stocked heavily and restocked accordingly.

Lachy

Reaction score
Stock comes and stock goes. But if Farinelli's runs out, then the RRL store is your best bet. They should be able to source what you're after from other stores if their local stock is run out. Keep in mind that the selvage chinos are a grail item for a lot of people and won't last long, no matter where.

ss10guy3

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! There is a church near my apartment. Maybe if I can get the priest to write a note, the RRL store on Melrose will save a pair of grail chino's for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads