• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drinking >1G of water a day

Gotham

Reaction score
Anyone do this on a consistent basis? Im trying to see if it makes a difference for my skin and weight but it seems more harder than I thought it would be.

Going to bathroom to urinate all the time sucks ass.

i killed judas.

Reaction score
I'm a heavy water drinker. During the summer close to 2.5 gallons/day. Some people here will ignorantly say that I am drowning my organs, but for the amount that I exercise, it keeps me sufficiently hydrated, and I find that sometimes I even stop sweating (signs of dehydration). FWIW, I lift heavy 3 days/week and on the days in between I race bicycles which accounts for about 250 miles/week.

SoHoJoejoe

Reaction score
Hope you're taking in electrolytes with all that water. If not, it would explain the lack of perspiration.

I'd say on a good day I drink around 3 water bottles and a mug of tea at work, so ~2L. Then maybe 1 to 3 kitchen glasses at home. Might be just under a gallon, and I don't have to go all the time. Morning, 2 in day, night.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do this easily. I run a lot and sweat a lot, if I didn't I would be dehydrated.

Cavalier

Reaction score
The big difference I noticed in the past is you won't get a hang over
teacha.gif

chenc

Reaction score
Drink 500-600 c.c./ml of water first thing in the morning.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the time you feel thirsty, you are already dehydrated. Drink up.

Just don't drink more than 2L in a single sitting. You can die. I'm completely serious.

spider52

Reaction score
Originally Posted by i killed judas.
I'm a heavy water drinker. During the summer close to 2.5 gallons/day. Some people here will ignorantly say that I am drowning my organs, but for the amount that I exercise, it keeps me sufficiently hydrated, and I find that sometimes I even stop sweating (signs of dehydration). FWIW, I lift heavy 3 days/week and on the days in between I race bicycles which accounts for about 250 miles/week.

You're a fool. As someone else said, you are flushing out the minerals and sodium. Unless you are walking through a desert, water intoxication is bound to kick in.

I swim 12,000 yards/week, cycle 250 miles/week, and run 25 miles/week and have never come close to drinking 2.5 gallons of water in a day under normal conditions.

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spider52
You're a fool. As someone else said, you are flushing out the minerals and sodium. Unless you are walking through a desert, water intoxication is bound to kick in.

I swim 12,000 yards/week, cycle 250 miles/week, and run 25 miles/week and have never come close to drinking 2.5 gallons of water in a day under normal conditions.

My regimen is about the same (add about 50 cycling miles and 5 running miles) and some weight lifting, and I put down maybe a gallon and a half. Maybe 2 gallons if it's roasting outside and i'm losing A LOT of fluid, and all the while I still take in electrolytes. But for the most part, about 1-1.5 gallons on most days.

I've heard of people weighing themselves before and after working out to see if their weight is the same. If their weight is the same (assuming they were adequately hydrated beforehand), then they're doing a good job of replenishing their fluids. I'm not sure of the validity, but it makes sense I guess. Of course, this doesn't account for any electrolytes.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been drinking roughly a gallon a day for a while now, admittedly mainly for the better appearance of my skin. I now have to piss every hour, however.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gotham
Going to bathroom to urinate all the time sucks ass.

Doctor told me once that if you have to pee soon after you drink a lot of water its just going through you and not much benefit

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a gallon of water, a gallon of beer, is there really a difference?

Gotham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
Doctor told me once that if you have to pee soon after you drink a lot of water its just going through you and not much benefit

Psst I'm a doctor too and most people in the medical profession no jack **** about these things

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads