• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finally - the perfect egyptian cotton tee

Wally

Reaction score
I've been on a quest to find the perfect basic tee for over a year now. I had some success with the lacoste tees but I didn't like the emblem. I wanted something with pima or egyptian cotton that wasn't $50+. I recently found https://www.egyptiancottontshirts.com The tees are only $13.50 if you order 3 or more and I must say they are much nicer than anything I have seen before. Once I get my camera working again I will post some pics. Anyone else have any of these? edit: I just noticed they say they will do custom shirts. While I love their current cut for comfort, i could go with it being slightly slimmer cut with shorter sleeves.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what is great about Egyptain cotton exactly?

Wally

Reaction score
http://www.essortment.com/home/luxuryfabricse_sfdq.htm Basically, it is equivalent or superior to pima cotton and has long staple length allowing for finer thread and higher threadcount. The shirts I received are softer and seem more solid than the other tees I have tried. They are a bit thicker as well. The egyptian cotton tee compares favorably to the $45 lacoste pima cotton tees that I have.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice find, pima cotton is nice, but if you think this is better ill try it out

Originally Posted by Wally
http://www.essortment.com/home/luxuryfabricse_sfdq.htm

Basically, it is equivalent or superior to pima cotton and has long staple length allowing for finer thread and higher threadcount. The shirts I received are softer and seem more solid than the other tees I have tried. They are a bit thicker as well. The egyptian cotton tee compares favorably to the $45 lacoste pima cotton tees that I have.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice link.

Thanks for the heads up.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you size down on these or was it tts?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Does anyone else think these look like they fit like Hanes Beefy tees?

thnxbutnothnx

whats wrong with fit of hanes? looks really workwearish imo, kinda like something a construction worker would wear.

plus these have no logo and i bet the cotton is really nice... egyptian cotton is what sunspel uses

and the biggest plus-- its only 13 bux!!

Barrylicious

Reaction score
24m8fi8.jpg

I dunno, looks pretty good to me

Wally

Reaction score
They aren't as boxy as the hanes but like I said, I would love it if they came out with a slim fit option. A v-neck would be great too.
The current fit works great with jeans, but I would consider sizing down if you want something slimmer. I have pretty broad shoulders so the large fit me well.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Emailed them about XS and S sizing.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wally
They aren't as boxy as the hanes but like I said, I would love it if they came out with a slim fit option. A v-neck would be great too.
The current fit works great with jeans, but I would consider sizing down if you want something slimmer. I have pretty broad shoulders so the large fit me well.

i'm 5'11, but not really broad shouldered, so i might fit a M. how's the lenght on L? i don't like when too long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics