• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stop wearing dress shoes (oxfords, brogues, monks) without socks!!!!

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Does it count if you remove the laces from your oxfords and then go sockless?

You have the Adidas Shell Toe balmoral x Edward Green too ?

Arcanaville

Reaction score
i would never do it myself but i do think it can look nice in very very casual looks.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I'm doing everyone a big favor, no need to thank me. There is a disturbing trend in WAYWN and in the Sartorialist of men with dress shoes and no socks. Very few shoes look good without socks. Loafers, boat shoes, bucks. Dress shoes are not made to be worn without socks and you do not look good. Because some Japanese dude is copying some idiot in Italy who thinks he is styling wearing a three piece suit, brogues and no socks, does not mean that you have to do it. Sweat in said leather lined shoes is also not a good thing. Please stop wearing sportcoats, suits, the whole nine yards and then go sockless. I repeat, you do not look good. If it's leather and a leather sole, has a heel and you have to lace it, wear some phucking socks.

teacha.gif

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It's an interesting phenomenon, in that I think many onlookers have a revulsion to it. Not just "I don't like that" but "ew." Of course, maybe provoking a reaction is the point.

Its like looking at someone eating a hunk of raw garlic. You can see the smell.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh you old men and your stubborn ways! Its ok to go sockless with oxfords.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In spite of your entreaty--thank you. Big-time douche bag look, ******* hate it (to say nothing of what your stinky-ass feet will be doing in conjunction with your shoes' leather linings). Not even a fan of boat shoes, loafers, trainers, etc. w/o socks. If you must affect the sockless look with this type of casual footwear, at least wear those little cheater socklets that fall below your shoeline. Douchebag w/ stinkfoot is not the best way to be remembered.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
You have the Adidas Shell Toe balmoral x Edward Green too ?

Hmm, not a bad idea.................

Strictly shoe/pant observations:

Horrible
7019Wrist1Web1.jpg

Horrible
62609Fab_307Web1.jpg

Don't do it again
2090ldd.jpg

Very dressy shoe sockless+ very casual pants= me no like
sat3.jpg

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ not even. not even flesh-colored socks.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see the appeal either, never have.

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bafield
I've never understood this myself. What is the point? It looks like hell and it has to be uncomfortable once the leather gets a little damp. I can only imagine the smell after a few days.

+1

I never understood why people(men) thought it appealing to show their feet. I rather see someone's socks.. with the exception of sandals. men generally don't take care of their feet which makes it gross. women generally at least get pedicures and what not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics