• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Espresso Maker

allreds

Reaction score
Francis x1 with brass (not aluminum) boiler - pain to clean well, but nice
purchased refurbished from francis outlet on ebay
francis-x1-red.gif

Treen

Reaction score
^^^You bought that for $15?! That's an absolute bargain. I'm in the market for a manual machine right now and have been looking at the new versions of basically the same machine. I need to get to garage sales more often...

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice Pavoni. Reminds me, I must use those beans from Sant Eustachio in my humble Moka Express again. Coincidentally, I was cleaning my Alessi Nespresso machine (the one designed by Sapper) today - made a big difference in the coffee - much more crema and stronger flavour. Yum.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
Nice Pavoni. Reminds me, I must use those beans from Sant Eustachio in my humble Moka Express again. Coincidentally, I was cleaning my Alessi Nespresso machine (the one designed by Sapper) today - made a big difference in the coffee - much more crema and stronger flavour. Yum.
Which machine is the Alessi? I don't see that on Nespresso's website.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
until this thread (and another from a link posted below for similar threads), I never knew coffee people could be more snobby than wine people.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
until this thread (and another from a link posted below for similar threads), I never knew coffee people could be more snobby than wine people.

The world of taste is like an infinitely layered onion . . .

Everything I've thought I've known is really just the tip of the iceberg.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Which machine is the Alessi? I don't see that on Nespresso's website.

It's an old one, I don't think they make it anymore.

hws

Reaction score
Best for me is type which put on stove, I pay only 2,5 Euro for this espresso maker!

JT82

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
Best for me is type which put on stove, I pay only 2,5 Euro for this espresso maker!
You're referring to the Moka? Is this a true espresso maker?

Jack2000

Reaction score
Most Italian Espresso is Brazilian coffee with a small amount of Guatemalan coffee mixed in. It's a standard European espresso blend. Whomever said that everything south of Rome is African may actually have somewhat of a point as Ethiopia, Kenya and several other African nations produce some of the best coffee in the world, but it does not always make the best espresso. They don't grow coffee in Italy. You can check http://sweetmarias.com/ for a pretty comprehensive list of regions that grow coffee and the characteristics of those regions. I buy green, roast my own in a home built roaster and pull shots from an Isomac Millenium.
http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...1&d=1250604677

hamish5178

Reaction score
I have a Nespresso for my dorm room. Once I have a real living space I'll get something more traditional.

arced

Reaction score
I picked up an Elektra Microcasa off of craigslist. I wasn't planning on going the manual route, but CL shopper can't be choosers. It's perfect for my needs (only pulling a shot or two at a time) and the espresso is excellent.

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JT82
You're referring to the Moka? Is this a true espresso maker?
For me is true espresso, if no thing elso mine is so much more good than the shite they make in so much cafe' in the world

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads