• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart denim

Zekdafied

Reaction score
I just got my first pair of selvage denim ever; The Iron Heart 634S and they are awesome. I've worn them every day for the past 2 weeks!

I have read a little about shrinking and soaking, but what is recommended for these jeans in particular? Wear the hell out of for months before soaking/washing? Cold/Warm? What kind of soaking duration?

I have 31 waist (34 length, being a little long).

Cheers.

NoClassic

Reaction score
Just wanted to say how well my pair of super blacks have treated me over the last year or so.

They have become my "work" pants which results in them being subjected to any number of potentially damaging conditions. Heat and strong UV light from the TIG machine, abrasion from raw metal edges, ALOT of clay and glazes recently, glue, you name it. I dont treat them well.

Specifically the material has been great about not tearing and holding its color. More than once I made the mistake of running into a sharp metal edge or part of a piece im working on. A few strands pulled out but not a massive L shaped tear like some lesser jeans have done. More than likely they saved me from a pretty nasty scrape or even a cut.

They have been washed maybe 7 times now, but show little sign of giving up their rigidity. Im sure as long as I dont set them on fire they have a whole bunch more time left in them.

3514618772_aaa25f30d1.jpg

3514617042_242b19375a.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirts & Purple Flannels A large Iron Heart shipment just rolled in.. just in time for some warmer weather. They've done a small run of Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirts in three colors. The fabric is loosely woven and breathes very well and the colors combinations are a welcome addition to our existing collections. Along with the new Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirts is a restock of the Purple Ombre Flannel Shirt, the Heavy Selvedge Chambray, Road Beast Windbreakers, Indigo Riders Jacket, and the 634s, 301s (Slim), and 9301 jeans: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=71 Brown Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirt
ih_black_01_web-790425.jpg
Blue Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirt
ih_blue_01_web-790365.jpg
Turquoise Mini-Herringbone Summer Shirt
ih_turquoise_01_web-757792.jpg
ih_black_04_web-757728.jpg
ih_blue_03_web-703083.jpg
ih_turquoise_03_web-703026.jpg
Purple Ombre Flannel
C03-712141.jpg
C10-767042.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart 634SR 23oz Anniversary Jeans

We're excited to announce the most intense Iron Heart product ever released, their 5th Anniversary 23oz Jeans.

They've really come through with something that's blown us away. For those that always wanted an Iron Heart jean but wanted it to fade with a higher contrast fade but still last near forever, this is it.
For Iron Heart's 5th anniversary they wanted a denim that trumped everything else, something so intense that it would take over 20 different versions to get it right. What we've gotten is a denim that's unsanforized, which is a first for Iron Heart, and is so heavy and rigid that we cannot imagine how amazing it will look with wear. The denim starts out as a rigid 21oz denim, once soaked the true indigo color really comes out and the post-soak weight of the denim becomes approximately 23.5oz, easily the heaviest fabric they've done.

For those that always wanted a pair of Iron Heart jeans and wanted them to fade a bit quicker and have a more intense contrasty fade, this is the jean you've been waiting for. These are limited to 400 pairs worldwide.

Full specs, hi-res photos, and measurements are now available in our online store on the product page. These will go on sale at 10AM (PST) on Thursday, June 18th.

Along with the Anniversary jeans we've received a restock of the very popular 301s/9301 Slim Jeans along with the classic 634s and both black and brown belts:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=468

ih_heavy_01_web-755039.jpg

ih_heavy_02_web-790169.jpg

ih_heavy_03_web-790120.jpg

ih_heavy_04_web-701776.jpg

ih_heavy_06_web-707610.jpg

ih_heavy_07_web-707549.jpg

ih_heavy_05_web-701724.jpg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Hey, kiya. Do you have any IH 301S in 29s at your NYC store? Thanks!

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been reading up on IH, and some other options.

Been wearing APCs for a while now and even though they are said by some to be considered "denim steel" I have worn the **** out of them to the point where lot's of wear and holes have developed. This is understandable considering my small rotation on the fit, but I'd like my next pair of jeans to be durable. Really ******* durable, and that's what I hear Iron Heart is.

Anyone care to sell me on that? Interested in the 301, and I want my next pair of denim to really last and bear through all the wear I put them through. I want a pair of jeans to last me through many years, with a reasonable rotation through other pants.

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of 634s and they are "really ******* durable".

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Been reading up on IH, and some other options.

Been wearing APCs for a while now and even though they are said by some to be considered "denim steel" I have worn the **** out of them to the point where lot's of wear and holes have developed. This is understandable considering my small rotation on the fit, but I'd like my next pair of jeans to be durable. Really ******* durable, and that's what I hear Iron Heart is.

Anyone care to sell me on that? Interested in the 301, and I want my next pair of denim to really last and bear through all the wear I put them through. I want a pair of jeans to last me through many years, with a reasonable rotation through other pants.

The denim itself isn't that durable, it's the fact that APC starches them beyond belief. I know what you mean though, I think we've both voiced our disappointment with our New Cures on numerous occasions.

If durability is your number one criteria, I can't imagine a better brand than IH- I mean christ it's only 21 ounces...........

Kill_switch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by happy hooligan
What's with the super wrinkly shirts? If you're going to take pictures to sell a shirt, you'd think you'd iron it before hand?

What am I missing here?

lol who irons a flannel?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
LOL
Pure Blue Japan and Iron Heart are the two japanese makers im most excited about getting involved in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads