• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09

stylo 9000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
Apolis_SP09_300-6.jpg

This is like the Hitlerjugend of NDG but flipped to am American look. I'm a huge fan of NDG and I love this. This model is slightly more muscular than me but I'm hoping those Mustard Utility Trousers are a tad on the slim side because I'm really liking how those look (top block at least).

Originally Posted by constant struggle
blue oxford military woven will be mine

it looks more inspired off of air force dress blues (part way down the page
smile.gif

http://www.thehock.com/shop/index.ph...ia=&searchCat=

Originally Posted by robbie
really dig all of it, and would feel less awkward dropping the $$$ on the pieces knowing how much these guys do for invisible children et cetera.

robbie

Originally Posted by mpcec
Doesn't really look like J. Crew at all, way too many military references. Kind of interested in the pants and the workshirt, collabo bag looks good too.

+1

stuff looks good, doubt i'll cop because i'm poor but if i had the money i would definitely.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
^^ Context email over the weekend says Apolis FW 09 is coming soon. looking forward to it myself...

Specifically, it should be in stores over the next 2 weeks...Context included.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent. I'll look for it locally--lucky to have a store that carries it here!

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent. I'll look for it locally--lucky to have a store that carries it here!

well technically Context hooks EVERYONE up, i hear they're stocking the full apolis collection online...but lucky you that you can try that stuff on easily
bigstar[1].gif

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Context is rad--their site is a real resource and they seem like great guys--but if I can support my local stores, I want to. Of course, there are always deals one can't pass up, but in general, those guys need all the support we can give them.

And yeah, the Apolis fit seems to vary, making the chance to try it on a nice feature for sure. I need to not sleep on the pants that drop for fall--assuming they make any w/ an inseam longer than 32"--
musicboohoo[1].gif

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Context is rad--their site is a real resource and they seem like great guys--but if I can support my local stores, I want to. Of course, there are always deals one can't pass up, but in general, those guys need all the support we can give them.

And yeah, the Apolis fit seems to vary, making the chance to try it on a nice feature for sure. I need to not sleep on the pants that drop for fall--assuming they make any w/ an inseam longer than 32"--
musicboohoo[1].gif

Oh damn, thought you were talking about Context as your local store...didn't read location...
frown.gif

anyway agreed re: trying it on, i also hear their sizing issues should be sorted out for this season. i'm also making sure i don't sleep on their pants...

nfj

Reaction score
why dont we boycott them for strong arming our favorite retailer into forcing us to buy a $75 tote just to get a discount we used to all enjoy for free

last year apolis was on sale at revolve for 70%+ off and still didnt sell

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nfj
why dont we boycott them for strong arming our favorite retailer...

last year apolis was on sale at revolve for 70%+ off and still didnt sell

it wasn't just them...it was apc and eg/wwm as well. and it wasn't their "fault" there's just a ton of morons on this damn forvm (like you) who can't keep their mouth shut

(ps edit your post nub)

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea how much that earth canvas jacket is going to run?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if it was any less than $300.

nfj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
Anyone have any idea how much that earth canvas jacket is going to run?

whatever you think its worth

+$250

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nfj
whatever you think its worth

+$250

says the guy who likes BoO.
laugh.gif

i haven't seen their outerwear go past $400 before.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nfj
why dont we boycott them for strong arming our favorite retailer into forcing us to buy a $75 tote just to get a discount we used to all enjoy for free

go for it. vote with your dollars. that's always the strongest vote of all. in fact, don't buy any of the brands that these retailers sell, in protest over not being able to get them at a discount, b/c even though you love them, you think they're overpriced.

i can't afford a lot of the SF-beloved brands, so I wait for sales at my local shops, pick stuff carefully and pony up, or see if choice finds in my size show up in B&S. but i don't ***** about not getting a discount that was always a privilege and not a right.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Nomad Pullover from Brigade today and it's kick ass. The fit is great and the cotton cashmere is crazy soft. Thanks, Brigade!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads