• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somet denim..

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so 5 ft 7 guys should skip the models with the darts altogether?
eh.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
so 5 ft 7 guys should skip the models with the darts altogether?
eh.gif

how long is your leg?

well, this was last year, when i was 168 lbs and svelte. i got the size 29 (which is about 32 in the waist)

the inseam runs to approx 34-35 inches. i have a 32.5 inch inseam and i am 5'11 without shoes. a bit more with shoes on.

the darts run past my knees to about 2 inches below the patella. it looked sloppy. so i had them returned.

if you want a pair without darts get the 003, but in my opinion it's silhouette is not 'to die for' like the 008 if you want that kind of look.
the rise is not as low as 008 and the leg is straight not tapered.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
how long is the dart? I'm a short guy so I'm looking into somets because I like low rise but I'm assuming my legs are too short and the darts are gonna go past my knees. If someone could measure the darts on their 008s that would be a huge help.

slaani

Reaction score
6'2" 150 wearing a size 29 and the darts extend precisely to my kneecap when I'm sitting down. If you're shorter, assume lower on this size.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
how about buying mine? \\o/

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish Somet would do more of a classic fit. I've had the 003's and really didn't like the fit but the denim and construction were as good as I've seen.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I recommend buying the Sz. 28's

Jacques Cousteau

Reaction score
Anyone have any fit pics for the 003s lying around?

van_hammersly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jacques Cousteau
Anyone have any fit pics for the 003s lying around?

If you go on superfuture and find the big somet thread, there's some fit pics there. They don't look terribly different from the 008s though, which only increases my confusion as to which cut is best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads