• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

super

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
They've been very courteous to me over the phone, not all stores check and respond to emails every day.

Hence gimmeshoes has poor customer service. I don't want to sound like a spoilt brat, but it would be quite a good idea for them to answer emails more frequently - for the sake of their business.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by super
Hence gimmeshoes has poor customer service. I don't want to sound like a spoilt brat, but it would be quite a good idea for them to answer emails more frequently - for the sake of their business.

lols i wouldnt feel compelled to answer emails about stuff im selling at 50-70% off, of course you may be gunning after the full price merchandise, though in that case you could likely go to any number of retailers

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Gimme Shoes website seems to reflect what they may have had in stock at some time in the distant past. I'm 2 for 5 trying to order something from them.

Having said that, they've replied via phone or email within hours of me submitting the orders when the items weren't in stock.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think stores like Farinelli's has made people have unrealistic expectations about email correspondonces. Most stores aren't as quick to respond so if you want a fast response, call. That is, if you have working hands (or a pencil you can fit into your mouth to press the key pad) and can speak.

super

Reaction score
Nil, these expectations are not unrealistic. Plenty of good stores respond wihin 48 hours. I think 48 hours is acceptable. NOT 10 freaking days. It would be unreasonable to expect instant replies, but 10 days is far too long.

I think you would be silly if you thought that in this day and age email is a bonus supplementary service. Email is so essential now that it serves as one of the main forms of correspondence especially for an ONLINE store.

And it's not always feasible to call either - I'm from australia and a phone call could cost like $10-15 cos australia telcos are just freakin like that.

And just to add that most other stores ive contacted have given me replies within 48 hours if not 24: oki-ni, jordan sayler at winnperry, the burea, laundry room, revolve, just to name a few...

super

Reaction score
Just to add, the redundancy and poor customer service of their online presence really hurts them from growing as a business online. Sure they may be doing fine at their bricks and mortar store but they are hurting their sales potential with a weak online presence. stores like oki-ni and revolve wouldn't be what they are today if they didnt have easy to use efficient websites with great customer service/email support.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't think they really care about online sales it's more of a favor to their non-local customers who want to order with a click of the mouse. Vote with your wallet and shop elsewhere.

nobopyon

Reaction score
I'm sure you've already thought about this... but..

Do you know anyone who live in US so that they can ship the shoes to you for priority mail?
I think if it's not boots, it'd cost around $US40 and so...

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zappos.com will pretty much upgrade your order to next day for free.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Damn. I'm trying to hold back from buying those vintage nike blazers in blue. I know i don't need them but i love them so

lol I bought

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wasn't aware of a new one, but i didn't get anything at the last one either

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
did anyone goto the barneys LA wharehouse sale?
is it even worthwhile?

i left empty handed last time.

Kinda lame...in the final days of the sale a lot of designer items were an extra 50% off the sale. I saw some of the same pieces at the warehouse and they were the sale price, sans the 50% off. Although a lot of other items were marked down, but not to the point that it would be an incredible buy (at least, in my opinion).

cjl2g

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
prices were the same as last markdown at barneys new york stores.

also, some prices were higher :S

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads