• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega vs. Rolex

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
Omega vs. Rolex
BMW vs. Mercedes Benz
Nikon vs. Canon
Alden vs. Allen Edmonds
Kiton vs. Brioni
Mont Blanc vs. Waterman
Asian girls vs. Russian girls

Ho, hum....

Twotone

Omega
BMW
Pentax
Allen Edmonds
Brioni
Pelikan
No comment as my wife would smack me

_ML_

Reaction score
Omega vs. Rolex
BMW vs. Mercedes Benz
Nikon vs. Canon
Alden vs. Allen Edmonds
Kiton vs. Brioni
Mont Blanc vs. Waterman

Ho, hum....

Twotone

Rolex
BMW
Nikon
Alden
Brioni
Mont Blanc
Russian

hankwx

Reaction score
rolex BMW canon allen edmonds brioni mont blanc im asian, but russian girls plz
smile.gif

norton

Reaction score
Omega vs. Rolex
BMW vs. Mercedes Benz
Nikon vs. Canon
Alden vs. Allen Edmonds
Kiton vs. Brioni
Mont Blanc vs. Waterman

Ho, hum....

Twotone

Rolex
BMW
Alden
neither
either
Have to say Asian, or my Lao wife would smack me.
laugh.gif

emakris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mathew J
not surprising the Rolex fans also like MB pens
Lol Anyway, I am a Rolex "fan" and I don't particularly like Montblanc pens. I actually prefer Dunhill pens.

Mathew J

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emakris
Lol

Anyway, I am a Rolex "fan" and I don't particularly like Montblanc pens. I actually prefer Dunhill pens.

Don't get me wrong, MB does some amazing things with their limited editions, though most people don't even consider these and instead focus on their meisterstuck line and starwalker.

I have owned a number of MBs over the years, and still own two, a Chopin FP and a Generations ballpoint, both gifts from my wife...and while they are "good" pens, they both aren't nearly as good as a few others I have owned, all of which cost alot less...namely Namiki, Pelikan, Aurora, and Cross.

I usually find Rolex guys also have a tendency to like other "similar" products, Montblanc, Harley Davidson, Mercedes, Bose, Armani, Ferragamo....mainstream brands that are often bested by slightly lower cost competitors

bafield

Reaction score
Omega vs. Rolex
BMW vs. Mercedes Benz
Nikon vs. Canon
Alden vs. Allen Edmonds
Kiton vs. Brioni
Mont Blanc vs. Waterman

Mercedes
Nikon
AE
Brioni
No Opinion
Brazilian (sorry, they top them all)

Pengranger

Reaction score
I thought long and hard before I bought my latest watch. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a Rolex (and I didn't have enough money to consider looking at a Daytona!). I've previously bought Breitling's so it's nice to have a change.

Speedmaster Professional 40th Anniversary limited edition

_DSC0922.jpg

_DSC0923.jpg

_DSC0924.jpg

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pengranger
I thought long and hard before I bought my latest watch. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a Rolex (and I didn't have enough money to consider looking at a Daytona!). I've previously bought Breitling's so it's nice to have a change.

Speedmaster Professional 40th Anniversary limited edition

_DSC0922.jpg

_DSC0923.jpg

_DSC0924.jpg

a great looking watch with a great story. i'm not a fan of the apollo 11 emblem but that is just a personal preference. i just steer toward simplicity and minimalism. congrats on the purchase, it should serve you well!

IBJanky

Reaction score
Got one of these:

SeamasterATWrist2.jpg

IMG_8961.jpg

And I've been drooling over this one for a while now:

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean:

timepieces_omega_j12.jpg

myke

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
a great looking watch with a great story. i'm not a fan of the apollo 11 emblem but that is just a personal preference. i just steer toward simplicity and minimalism. congrats on the purchase, it should serve you well!

+1

I prefer stylish simplicity as well, which is why the basic Seamaster is my favourite watch.

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
+1 I prefer stylish simplicity as well, which is why the basic Seamaster is my favourite watch.
The Seamaster is an icon watch, but I actually prefer this mid-size time-only Railmaster -- a sports watch on a bracelet and a dress watch on leather strap . Staying with simplicity theme, the Explorer is my favorite Rolex. At less than 1/2 the price of the Explorer, the Railmaster is the better value IMO. Twotone
railmaster.gif

Mathew J

Reaction score
The Seamaster is an icon watch, but I actually prefer this mid-size time-only Railmaster -- a sports watch on a bracelet and a dress watch on leather strap . Staying with simplicity theme, the Explorer is my favorite Rolex. At less than 1/2 the price of the Explorer, the Railmaster is the better value IMO.

Twotone

railmaster.gif

As someone who owned a K series Explorer, A series datejust, and now a White/Blue Aqua Terra I would agree...the Omega cost me new less than my A Datejust, and a good deal less than the Explorer and is better in virtually every way.

AT-1.jpg

DSCN1969.jpg

DSCN0193.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads