• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to go for first anniversary dinner in NYC?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
do a nice place on Saturday.

And then an excellent pizza and a bottle of wine on Sunday.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
1 if by land 2 if by sea

Very romantic restaurant

I have not been there in a while but this was my favorite romantic spot in the 90s.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
1 if by land 2 if by sea Very romantic restaurant
Are people required to say this?

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn time sure do pass by fast.
congrats

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can easily get reservations at Per Se if you wait till the week before and use OpenTable. Worked for me several times..

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pennglock
Get a steak.

o ya nothing says heterosexual romance like a quivering slab of protein cooked by some mongoloid in a room with a marked testosterone surplus.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
o ya nothing says heterosexual romance like a quivering slab of protein cooked by some mongoloid in a room with a marked testosterone surplus.

Hey -- I'm a mongoloid.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Hey -- I'm a mongoloid.

Not enough of one to take the woman you love to a ******* steakhouse on your anniversary.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For your wife or both of you, a great spa experience on Saturday, Saturday night, room at a nice hotel & room service. Sunday go somewhere you both like but something low key.

Happy anniversary to you and Mrs. Mafoo

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
As I have suggested to others in the past, go to Eleven Madison Park. Its dining room is spectacular and very romantic, i took my GF there recently to celebrate a building completion.

I wasn't going to mention it here because it is closed Sunday, but I always thought it was a stellar under-the-radar restaurant that could compete with the big boys. Sure enough, just yesterday given 4-stars by the Times.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
As I have suggested to others in the past, go to Eleven Madison Park. Its dining room is spectacular and very romantic, i took my GF there recently to celebrate a building completion.

I wasn't going to mention it here because it is closed Sunday, but I always thought it was a stellar under-the-radar restaurant that could compete with the big boys. Sure enough, just yesterday given 4-stars by the Times.

Completely agree on EMP. With the new rating will probably be a lot harder to eat there.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Completely agree on EMP. With the new rating will probably be a lot harder to eat there.

yeah, a shame if it becomes unbookable. But it deserves the rating, well done.

That butter poached lobster tail was pure bliss - and that wasn't even the entree!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads