• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rob_Sutherland
It is indeed. here's the other side.
344623n.jpg
The strap has been changed though to one of ABP’s special tanning Alligator straps. best strap maker out there IMHO...

Here's mine from today - not a "watch Appreciation" worthy shot, but I've posted it here before. I also switched the band - in this case to a rolex alligator band. I had a hard time finding something thin enough to work with the reverso's deployant buckle
P1010634.jpg
Here's a better shot from a week or two ago
P1010525.jpg

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by happy hooligan
Thought I'd go Old School...

This is my Great Grandfathers pocket watch that he carried everyday...

MVC-689S.jpg

nothing super fancy but nice.

more pics on my blog about it if you're interested...

Outstanding! The family history really adds immeasurably to the charm.

Have you had the dial restored? It's in great shape for one that was carried everyday.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Big A's JLC and Singulars old beat up Rolies are sweet! Here's my Tissot Seastar 1000. I am considering a different strap for it (not a bracelet). Would a brown leather strap work with this somehow?
29beyag.jpg

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice brokeh. Lens?

Originally Posted by Confucius
Nice! But I did say my offering was humble
wink.gif

Most 27 year olds I know wear watches made by Diesel, Nixon, Fossil, Calvin Klein or TAG etc, so I think I'm still slightly ahead of them at least!

fistbump.gif

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice
thumbs-up.gif
Great pick over the Speedy.
Originally Posted by Confucius
Nice! But I did say my offering was humble
wink.gif
Most 27 year olds I know wear watches made by Diesel, Nixon, Fossil, Calvin Klein or TAG etc, so I think I'm still slightly ahead of them at least!

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Thanks!

It's a Sigma 30 1.4. Wonderful little fat lens.

It's "bokeh" - no R. Pet peeve of mine. You can hate me if you want.
laugh.gif

Snob.
fight[1].gif

Anyways, interesting! Sounds like an awesome lens at a great price.

Singular

Reaction score
Big A's JLC and Singulars old beat up Rolies are sweet!

Here's my Tissot Seastar 1000. I am considering a different strap for it (not a bracelet). Would a brown leather strap work with this somehow?

Thanks!

I used an "isofrane-alike", a mesh bracelet and a tropic rubber for my modded Seastar 1000 (but think a Zulu strap would do just as well).

/M

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
Snob.
fight[1].gif

Anyways, interesting! Sounds like an awesome lens at a great price.

It really is a great lens and can be had for under $400 used easily at places like FredMiranda.com

I love photography, and I'd do it for a living if I could.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Singular
Thanks!

I used an "isofrane-alike", a mesh bracelet and a tropic rubber for my modded Seastar 1000 (but think a Zulu strap would do just as well).

/M

Funny, I was literally just looking at mesh bracelets. Are they all "made equal"? Can you link me to one you used/like?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my Tissot Seastar 1000. I am considering a different strap for it (not a bracelet). Would a brown leather strap work with this somehow?
Nice watch. A leather strap would look fine, but I think a diving watch would look better on a band that will hold up to being soaked - I'd prefer a rubber/kevlar/sailcloth strap, or a mesh or regular bracelet. I like it with the rubber strap you have.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Nice watch. A leather strap would look fine, but I think a diving watch would look better on a band that will hold up to being soaked - I'd prefer a rubber/kevlar/sailcloth strap, or a mesh or regular bracelet. I like it with the rubber strap you have.
I'm thinking you're probably right - thanks. Leaning towards a mesh bracelet as I don't own any - do you know of a good source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads