• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Trying out Parfums de Nicolai Baladin today

Not saying anything. Nope. Not going there.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Por Que?

Had a bottle and ended up selling it off when I realized that it wasn't for me.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That bad huh?

No - it wasn't bad: just not all that. It's an herbal-leather-vetiver in the vein of the original Aramis or EL Azuree - which are both great scents - but where Azuree has a bold, brassy presence, Baladin is pale and wan.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
No - it wasn't bad: just not all that. It's an herbal-leather-vetiver in the vein of the original Aramis or EL Azuree - which are both great scents - but where Azuree has a bold, brassy presence, Baladin is pale and wan.
Yeah, I'm getting that. Granted, it's only been an hour, but I'm not impressed so far.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm getting that. Granted, it's only been an hour, but I'm not impressed so far.

Actually, Shaal Nur reminds me a bit of Baladin, except SN adds a hefty dose of incense and vanilla to round things out. Baladin would probably be more interesting with some vanilla, perhaps a shot of Bulgari Black now that I think of it. I'd bet that would work.

Joe2758

Reaction score
Need some help. I love fragrance, but there's something about my skin that will not allow for any longevity of any of the colognes I've tried. I thought it might have been "olfactory fatigue" that you guys have mentioned, but even my friends say "I think I can smell it, but it's very faint" when they are sniffing my wrist after half an hour. I sampled Angel Men which I thought was supposed to be very strong and I got the same results. I don't know the chemistry of how this all works, but I do know that my sweat is more acidic than average because of how fast I kill guitar strings. Is there anything I can do? thanks
facepalm.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^Moisturize.

Tried Thomas's favorite today, Antaeus. It was the sport cologne version, might be alot different. Was alot sweeter than I imagined.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
^^Moisturize.

Tried Thomas's favorite today, Antaeus. It was the sport cologne version, might be alot different. Was alot sweeter than I imagined.

I'd heard about Antaeus Sport, but did not know whether it was a new intro or an older flanker. Scary that I'd not know that kind of thing.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wearing Antaeus today. Also returning to my old Toastmasters club this evening. Ahhh, nostalgia.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^Toastmasters club?

trying out SL Muscs Koublai Kahn today. Watch out people!

I'd drifted away from the club I joined some three or so years ago. Moved across town, but still remain friends with the members and visit them from time to time. When I had to give a speech or preside over a meeting, I wore Antaeus.

MKK: wanted to try that but musks in general don't register for me all that well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads