• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scuderia-F1
I think I'd picked Watch Time or Revolution if I had to chose!

Agreed. The quality of iW is questionable. Watch Time and Revolution is definitely the two to get. Revolution's approach tends to be a little more racy with its women and watches photo spreads.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette
No serious doctor needs a special dial to measure the pulse using a wristwatch.

No one needs a watch that tells them the phases of the moon, can survive to 12,000 ft, or has a yacht countdown timer either
devil.gif

andimq

Reaction score
I got one that I don't really know at all. Maybe one of you can help out?
poljot_vs_nikon_s2k95.jpg
_mg_1449vn4p.jpg
It says "Poljot CHRONOGRAPH 23 Jewels, made in russia". It's handwinde.

emakris

Reaction score
Is this an original Poljot? Do you happen to know when it was made? As far as I know, they are not being made anymore...

Unfortunately I do not know much about Russian watches but, if I'm not mistaken, what you have there is the USSR version of the "moon watch"; the Russian equivalent of the Omega Speedmaster.

I think you might want to show it to the guys over at Timezone.com...

andimq

Reaction score
Hi emakris,

thanks for the quick reply. I believe it's an original Poljot. But you know what they say about believing...

I just got it a few days ago from a friend who bought it in Russia several years ago. I don't have any clue when it was made, so actually that's part of my inquiry.

Regarding your hint with timezone.com - I actually just posted it on watchuseek - but will look into timezone.com as well. I hope they don't mind crossposting ;o.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andimq

_mg_1449vn4p.jpg

If it's marked "Made in Russia" it's obviously post-Soviet. The older ones are marked "Made in USSR".

I'd guess it's 10 years old, or so?

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scuderia-F1
I think I'd picked Watch Time or Revolution if I had to chose!

Originally Posted by gazman70k
Agreed. The quality of iW is questionable. Watch Time and Revolution is definitely the two to get. Revolution's approach tends to be a little more racy with its women and watches photo spreads.

Thanks for the tips. I had not heard of Revolution, but I checked out their web site and it looked interesting. My subscription is on the way.

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andimq

_mg_1449vn4p.jpg

Originally Posted by emakris
Is this an original Poljot? Do you happen to know when it was made? As far as I know, they are not being made anymore...

Unfortunately I do not know much about Russian watches but, if I'm not mistaken, what you have there is the USSR version of the "moon watch"; the Russian equivalent of the Omega Speedmaster.

I think you might want to show it to the guys over at Timezone.com...

In case it is written "Made in Russia" - it is a post-Soviet watch.
Poljot is still producing its watch in Russia. I do not know actually about the quality.
The retail price starts at 150$ and goes up to nearly 10.000$ for limited editions in gold.

Confucius

Reaction score
How do you guys take such epic pics??? Do you have DSLRs?

Anyway, I'm glad I can finally contribute to this thread with my humble offering!
smile.gif
Still learning how to use my new digital camera so excuse the sub-standard picture quality.

6248_131916071944_525281944_2768132_4869905_n.jpg

6248_131916086944_525281944_2768134_3514266_n.jpg

6248_131917786944_525281944_2768150_4564509_n.jpg

6248_132435106944_525281944_2777839_554041_n.jpg

Confucius

Reaction score
Nice! But I did say my offering was humble
wink.gif

Most 27 year olds I know wear watches made by Diesel, Nixon, Fossil, Calvin Klein or TAG etc, so I think I'm still slightly ahead of them at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads