• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i hope so

Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Will StyleZeitgeist now implode that Atelier is on Facebook?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
I'm sick of wearing my sperry's, PBJ's, and AA tees. ready for fall so i can do a tad bit of layering. 100 degree heat sucks.

you sould sell your pbjs to me... honestly tees,sperrys, and my kmw's have been my unofficial uniform any time i am not at work.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pretty nice t-shirt at Wal-Mart of all places, and the fit was pretty awesome. I was surprised at how soft it was, and the color was awesome. "Purple heather", I had never seen it before so that was kinda neat.

I'm starting to really like the color purple.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor

i hated having to watch that movie in college.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor

I can't have enough purple, light purple mostly. Don't know why people have to be goaded into wearing it. Damn Willy Wonka ruined purple suits though. The Joker did purple no favors either.

Originally Posted by robbie
i hated having to watch that movie in college.

Wretched movie, saw five minutes and couldn't tolerate another second of it.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cashmere is really, really, overrated.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ probably but I saw those cashmere sweatpants in B&S and really really wanted them. really.

stupid isn't it.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I set my standards high. But having touched/tried on/felt "luxury" brands such as RLPL, BoO (the stupidly expensive ones that I believe, are Scottish cashmere) Marc Jacobs (not astounding, but it's still a $1000+ retail sweater), and even Loro Piana it's just... not that great. Certainly not worth retail. Would prefer a blend or some soft wool just because it's so much less hassle/expensive.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i wish that teen pop bands dressed more like they did in the 60's and less like the ***** jonas broz.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Cashmere is really, really, overrated.

My jil sander cashmere ***** on marc jacobs 1k cashmere.

Keep in mind even within js there are different grades.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
My jil sander cashmere ***** on marc jacobs 1k cashmere.

Keep in mind even within js there are different grades.

I have a DKNY cashmere sweater that I haven't worn in like ten years. I checked it out the other day and couldn't believe how soft it was. I can only imagine that there are much better grades of cashmere goodness that I don't know about. So I disagree with the cashmere is overrated bit. More like, having cashmere in the tag doesn't mean anything as there's a ton of low quality garments made with cashmere that i've seen constantly being made.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's this pair of Mossimo cashmere/silk blend gloves in the city that make my skin orgasm, pity I don't have $550 AU lying around for gloves.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AGPi
Didn't get the Sweeney Todd thing.

I think the hood looks childish. What the hell is the hood doing there anyway?

You're right about this: me saying women can pull off hoodies but men cannot is far from a 100% watertight position. I know some women who look very cute in hoodies, whereas the guys I see on the street look like kids. Maybe I need to play more computer games.

When your social life revolves around going to bars and playing pool, hoodie+tee+jeans+sneakers can't be beat for practicality. Ergo, every singly one of my WAYWTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads