• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Henrik Vibskov

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a dedicated Vibskov thread so I decided to make one. F/W09 just went up on the V-store (Vibskov's webstore linked to his official website) and is also available through Farfetch. Some cool stuff if you're into that sort of thing. Someone should put up some pictures of older Vibskov stuff so people who don't know about this thang can get an idea. Not expecting it to catch on with most members but I know there are some of you out there who will appreciate.

F/W '09 stuff:

10019988_68282_300.jpg

10019988_68284_300.jpg

10020052_68018_300.jpg

10020052_68024_300.jpg

10019973_68408_300.jpg

10019961_68364_300.jpg

10019991_68293_300.jpg

10020002_67908_300.jpg

10020002_67910_300.jpg

10019955_67762_300.jpg

10019970_67773_300.jpg

10019999_68428_300.jpg

10019986_68414_300.jpg

10019987_68261_300.jpg

10019977_68274_300.jpg

10019968_68398_300.jpg

10019962_68247_300.jpg

10019994_68288_300.jpg

10019992_68090_300.jpg

10019992_68093_300.jpg

10019993_68424_300.jpg

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of this stuff looks pretty good. I was looking through Tres Bien and the HV stuff they had left was
uhoh.gif

Then again it was the final sale so makes sense.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who gets really disappointed at the amount of toning-down that happens between a runway collectin and the RTW that actually goes out to stores?
Vibskov runway shows are crazy, I love it.
But then again people do actually have to wear it.

I can't really get down with those plaids. The pattern on the band collar shirt is nice, but there's something werid about the shoulders. Drop-crotch pants have never looked good to me.
The patchwork shorts are nice, and I really like the funky olive coat.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
Am I the only one who gets really disappointed at the amount of toning-down that happens between a runway collectin and the RTW that actually goes out to stores? Vibskov runway shows are crazy, I love it. But then again people do actually have to wear it. I can't really get down with those plaids. The pattern on the band collar shirt is nice, but there's something werid about the shoulders. Drop-crotch pants have never looked good to me. The patchwork shorts are nice, and I really like the funky olive coat.
Well, it depends what certain boutiques and stores are willing to stock. That said, tres bien, farfetched, vstore, and shop fatal carry a wide variety of vibskov basics and out there pieces http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2092/...194c6b2f11.jpg look on the right is pretty sharp with drop crotches looking good imo. There was a pic on the sartorialist from like 2 years ago with some buff guy with a shaved head (i think) wearing those same shorts with just a white tank and he looked really good. Wore the shorts in a really normal way. Obviously vibskov stuff isn't for everyone and isn't going to sway people over from ralph lauren but a lot of the stuff is more wearable than people think if you look at all the various pieces and assemble them in certain ways. A lot of it is similar to CDG Shirt in that quirky artsy casual prep wear

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that pic from ss08? I love the headwear that his models wear in the runway shows. It's interensting and ties the collection together well.
Anyway, thats a really good look. Although I think one of the reasons I like it better than the pants above is the fact that they're shorts, as well as the pattern
The outfit on the left is way too busy imo, and the cut of the pants is really unflattering; I've never liked anti-fit things like that. And the shawl cardigan to me is just ugly.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earnest Hemingway
Is that pic from ss08? I love the headwear that his models wear in the runway shows. It's interensting and ties the collection together well.
Anyway, thats a really good look. Although I think one of the reasons I like it better than the pants above is the fact that they're shorts, as well as the pattern
The outfit on the left is way too busy imo, and the cut of the pants is really unflattering; I've never liked anti-fit things like that. And the shawl cardigan to me is just ugly.

Yea, ss08. I really liked that collection. FW07 had a lot of really wearable pieces too including a nice black trench. I agree about the outfit on the left but the only link i could find had both included. You can actually look at all of his collections from 07 on on his website. I actually have 2 graphic tshirts from his i think 06 collections. Got them on the super cheap so i love them for bumming around much more than just plain tshirts

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Do you have pics of the tees? Is the graphic like an illustration or more geometric?
The one piece I wish I'd bought for this summer is one of the ss08 graphic patterned tanks. His use of patterns is just amazing.

chronoaug

Reaction score
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4...ture052wg5.jpg the top two tees are vibskov from his prerunway days. i think like one from like 05 and maybe one from 06. Nothing crazy, but since they were really cheap i figured what the hell. I love the black one with the guy wearing the dog hat or whatever the ******* is. Trippy but cool looking and always gets compliments also have the ****** tee from this past fall and the microstriped jersey cardi (really nice subtle piece). Had a nice simple button up that was relatively plain but with a few nice details like the pockets and placket (sp?) but sold it because i needed a size down

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
2312665024_194c6b2f11.jpg

I never liked Henrik Vibskov, but man I would love to take mushrooms and go to one of his shows.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I never liked Henrik Vibskov, but man I would love to take mushrooms and go to one of his shows.
Would be quite a trip. All the shows look like they'd be really badass to attend. Could end up like the Cirque du Soleil vegas scene from knocked up though ss08
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. fw08
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. fw09

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. I don't know why ss09 was so tame but wasn't worth posting. Even if you don't like the clothes, you gotta admit it'd be much cooler to attend one of those shows than watch neil barrett roll out his bi-annual snoozefest

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I like that '*****fang' t-shirt you have alex.

as you mentioned, i was shocked by how tame quite a bit of the gear was. i'd be all over it had i the means.

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel

would the same effect be achieved via dropping acid at a castelbajac show?

chronoaug

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Thom Browne FW08 would scare the **** out of me if i wasn't sober: http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00480m.jpg http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00470m.jpg http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00450m.jpg http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00250m.jpg http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00270m.jpg I think this would make a good thread. Probably get more contribution on sufu but "runway shows for the altered mind" would be fun. Bernard Wilhelm would be amazing as well Ok. Sorry for derailing

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I'm pretty sure Thom Browne FW08 would scare the **** out of me if i wasn't sober:
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00480m.jpg
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00470m.jpg
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00450m.jpg
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00250m.jpg
http://men.style.com/slideshows/mens...WAY/00270m.jpg

I think this would make a good thread. Probably get more contribution on sufu but "runway shows for the altered mind" would be fun.

Bernard Wilhelm would be amazing as well

Ok. Sorry for derailing

That's funny that you would mention Willhelm. His womenswear is craazy.

Those fw08 shots are just scary.
Although Thom Browne's been rather tame lately. SS09 and FW09 were pretty wearable except for some of the proportions.

Anyway, back to Vibskov.
Am I the only one who sees a sort of "tribal" influence (for lack of a better term) in his menswear?
I don't really know how to describe it, perhaps someone who feels the same can clarify...

But while we're still on the topic of "runway fashion while high," I'd like to add that the hedi-era Dior shows would be the ideal show to attend while on coke

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads