• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit has Arrived

randob300

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JOA
Online says these aren't available until September. I'm hoping it's sooner.

I would assume since they're now on sale 3 for $199, they're in stock and available for purchase. Then again, that may be assuming a bit much.

Looking forward to someone's review of these.

Jay Gatsby

Reaction score
They have extra-slim fit sport shirts out already... waiting for the dress shirts though.... Both in the store and on the site slim-fit shirt stock has dwindled to almost nothing.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby
They have extra-slim fit sport shirts out already... waiting for the dress shirts though.... Both in the store and on the site slim-fit shirt stock has dwindled to almost nothing.

I'd buy them, but I can tailor a BB slim fit to an "extra slim" by spending $6.75 at my local tailor.

It will be a while before the "extra slims" get down to the summer clearance prices that I've been getting the slim fits at.

A couple days ago I picked up a BB Country Club sportshirt for $27 using a BB birthday $20 coupon applied to a 50% off plus an additional 40% clearance price ... not bad for a $148 retail shirt
smile.gif
Took it into the tailor for the $6.75 tapering yesterday ... just hoping it turns out like the last two I gave him

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a good sign, although they should call these shirts "normal" and all the rest of their shirts "frigging gigantic." I tried on one of their regular shirts the other day (not the extra massive classic) and I had to size down to a small to get a fit in the body; sleeves were too short though. And I am not a tiny person: 175 lbs.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic but I picked up a BB Extra Slim Fit this weekend. It's a 15.5/33. Seems pretty good so far but I can't compare to their Slim Fits as I've never tried them.

JordanH.

Reaction score
the whole slim fit thing is pretty horrible. soon people will wonder what they were thinking wearing tight clothes and claiming they "fit".

HedgeFundHotSHot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
I'd buy them, but I can tailor a BB slim fit to an "extra slim" by spending $6.75 at my local tailor.

It will be a while before the "extra slims" get down to the summer clearance prices that I've been getting the slim fits at.

A couple days ago I picked up a BB Country Club sportshirt for $27 using a BB birthday $20 coupon applied to a 50% off plus an additional 40% clearance price ... not bad for a $148 retail shirt
smile.gif
Took it into the tailor for the $6.75 tapering yesterday ... just hoping it turns out like the last two I gave him

the summer clearance price is 159 for 3 right? or r they even cheaper then?
also how much slimmer does ur tailor make those normal slims

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lagsun

Hard to tell how the shirt fits when it's tucked into jeans worn that low.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JordanH.
the whole slim fit thing is pretty horrible. soon people will wonder what they were thinking wearing tight clothes and claiming they "fit".

so instead i should wear a tent and look like im 30 lbs overweight?

JordanH.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
so instead i should wear a tent and look like im 30 lbs overweight?

no, but your clothes shouldn't look painted on.

w.mj

Reaction score
How can anyone make an argument that having an extra 10 inches of fabric around the midsection makes a shirt look like it fits? It's only in the past 30 years that anything like that has even been considered as close to "fitting". Pictures of men's fashion from the late 60s and before all point to a slim, well-tailored fit.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, but your clothes shouldn't look painted on.

those who have clothes that "look painted on" have no perception of fit. that being said, i rarely have seen anyone here who have clothes that look painted on. don't know where you're getting that impression from

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are confusing the following:

Slim fit for slim people = normal fit that looks like results previously only attainable via custom.

Slim fit for overweight/normal people = tight clothes that "fit"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads