• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew x Alden Indy Boots

videocrew

Reaction score
On Saturday I went by the Alden store on Madison and tried on a pair of Indy boots. Great, incredibly comfortable, but I didn't love the color. I decided to wait until the J. Crew version Mr. Mort had predicted was released. Well, on Sunday I wandered into the liquor store, and they were right there on the front table!

First, the bad news: There was talk of these being ~$200. They are not. They are retailing for $450, a $125 upcharge over the standard Alden 405's.

But the good news: They are INCREDIBLE. (Yes, I have ugly carpet, great).
IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0198.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

I wore them out of the store and so they have about 5 miles of wear on them. Incredibly comfortable, great collaboration.

dunkin

Reaction score
how are they different from normal indys? besides the color? and whats that leather loop in the boot?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
will these be included in the 30% off with purchases over $250 or something?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dunkin
how are they different from normal indys? besides the color? and whats that leather loop in the boot?
It's on the tongue... I dunno about quality (I would imagine leathersoul's ultimate indys are still the standard) but I will withhold judgment.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
It's on the tongue... I dunno about quality (I would imagine leathersoul's ultimate indys are still the standard) but I will withhold judgment.

Looks like a shoe tree to me.

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$450 ? Ouch. The 30% would defintely help, for sure..

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Looks like a shoe tree to me.
Yeah, its a pair of cheap Bass shoe trees inside the shoes. Like the LeatherSoul ones, these are fully leather-lined. I'm not sure if they're Chromexcel, I'm hoping that will come to light, but they felt more refined than the 405's I tried the day before.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
will these be included in the 30% off with purchases over $250 or something?

Where can you get the 30% off from? Is there a printable coupon or code somewhere?

Also, are the Alden Indy's available in every J. Crew stores or just a select few?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, videocrew, do you happen to have an item number?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the JCrew employee discount is? I know a store manager. Might be worth calling in a favor.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
Anyone know what the JCrew employee discount is? I know a store manager. Might be worth calling in a favor.

I know a store manager in Austin too. Maybe we can place a bulk order LOL. It's not the girl with the name of a Simon and Garfunkel song is it?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
I know a store manager in Austin too. Maybe we can place a bulk order LOL. It's not the girl with the name of a Simon and Garfunkel song is it?
'Who is "Cecilia", Alex?'

What's the deal? This boot has been available for years, and now people are tripping over themselves to kop just because jcrew is stocking them?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
Nah, it's a dude. Small world, though.
Originally Posted by JD_May
'Who is "Cecilia", Alex?' What's the deal? This boot has been available for years, and now people are tripping over themselves to kop just because jcrew is stocking them?
For me it's just a chance to maybe get that on the cheap. The J. Crew connection makes them a bit easier to try on and return though. I think I prefer the standard indys, though.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These versions are made with a nicer leather than the regular 405's and are also lined in leather instead of canvas.

dunkin

Reaction score
+1
thanks for the answer.....
i'll just stick with my broken in pair and #8 shells
hopeully Tom has me on a pair of the tan suede when he gets them........

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads