• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The last bit of my bottle of Givenchy L`interdit for me today. I always like when I finish up a bottle... though this one is kind of sad because it is discontinued in the original formula and hard to find. Nevertheless, there are lots of others I would get first (like Givenchy III)

shasta

Reaction score
Yves Saint Laurent - L'Homme - perfect Summer Fragrance!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Parfums Delrae Debut
Never even heard of this line. How would you rate it? Tried L'Artisan Passage d' Enfer again last night. The more I smell this the more I think I smell like a woman in heat. Nice, but not exactly what I'm going for. Trying out Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire today.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ferragamo+f+pour+homme.jpg

F Ferragamo

Smells like a tamer version of Terre D'Hermes

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Polo Black. Only cologne that smells better on clothes than on skin.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dior Higher again for me today. I get excellent longevity from it and a nice blast of woods and spices.

Unfortunately, it is dead boring and synthetic to boot, but it solves certain problems on days when I need something dead boring and unassuming (like having meetings with Japanese people who get frightened by my stinky old-school guerlains and Caron.)

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm wearing Eau de Rach2jlc. He stayed over last night.
blush.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I'm wearing Eau de Rach2jlc. He stayed over last night.
blush.gif

Thank god that most of the forum knows I am in a different hemisphere from you right now.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Never even heard of this line. How would you rate it?

Tried L'Artisan Passage d' Enfer again last night. The more I smell this the more I think I smell like a woman in heat. Nice, but not exactly what I'm going for.

Trying out Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire today.

This is a superfloral, probably too feminine for me. You will find it stinky.
Unquestionably interesting and an impressive effort.

http://www.nstperfume.com/2006/06/12...grance-review/
http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...me-review.html
http://boisdejasmin.typepad.com/_/20...e_revie_2.html

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rarely used any scents at all so I'm pretty new to all this. What's the best way to apply? I've heard so many conflicting answers.

One of my friends just gave me some of his old stuff: Bvlgari Black, John Varvatos Artisan, CdG Incense: Kyoto, and Nautica Oceans.

I like them all, particularly Kyoto and Artisan. Artisan seems to go away really fast, is it really beneficial at all to reapply? Bvlgari goes on really strong and it put me off at first, but after a while it started to smell really nice. I'm assuming that all scents differ in longevity and strength, but what's general rule of application? I know not to spray it on clothes, and that wrists, neck, and behind the ears are good spots. I compulsively wash my hands very often so applying on my wrists doesn't seem like a good idea, but I can't seem to find a way to effectively apply on my neck without rubbing my wrists on it. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it all wrong, so I've been trying to read up on all of this. Thanks for any help!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put on a layer of moisturizer before you spray. That will keep the scent from evaporating as quickly.

oroy38

Reaction score
Willpower,
I've never heard of the moisturizer thing. I'll have to try it.

Yesterday evening I went to a dinner party and combined two colognes: Versace Men's and Drakkar Noir. My female friends tell me that the effect is like that of an "airborne Tequila."

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I found an old bottle of the original Elizabeth Arden Sandalwood for Men yesterday and decided to give it a spin.

I read that the one currently sold is a remix/altered formula from the original one introduced in the 1950`s, but in any case, it`s a major blast of in-your-face, loud, funk. (haha) It is ALMOSt as loud as Giorgio for Men, but luckily it simmers down in the end to something quite soft and pleasant.

If you like funky, old-school stinkers, give it a try.

As for the above about moisturizers, it is true. Dry skin is the enemy of longevity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads