• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the best Proteine shake

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mango Lassi for world domination and cultural preservation.

AgentQ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Mango Lassi for world domination and cultural preservation.

laugh.gif

In the Netherlands! Where the cheese is the best.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AgentQ
laugh.gif

In the Netherlands! Where the cheese is the best.

Do they have singles?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
allthewhey

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
population pudding

lol

I use Nutribiotic Rice Protein and plain egg white protein from Sportsprotein.com (super cheap if you order 10lbs at a time).

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really understand protein shakes...

taktikz

Reaction score
Muscle Milk & Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Why

Well, what's the point? Most people who are training get an adequate amount of protein from food, and if they aren't filling in dietary voids with a protein shake reinforces the protein shake as a dietary necessity when it really isn't. Diets and training should be both adaptive and prescriptive; I see a lot of people relying on a prescribed modality for diet and training and don't ever take the time to analyze why the prescription was given to begin with.

Knowledge is power and all that.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need more info. Do you want whey, casein, or a blend? Don't buy ON. It's overpriced and doesn't have enough isolate for how much it costs. Xtreme Formulations Whey is nice. Use it in the mornings and after workouts. ON's casein is nice for before bed or as a meal replacement. Somebody said use ON whey before bed. Don't do that. You can but it's not as good as casein. Whey takes about 2 hours to digest and casein takes about 8 which is ideal when your sleeping.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Well, what's the point? Most people who are training get an adequate amount of protein from food, and if they aren't filling in dietary voids with a protein shake reinforces the protein shake as a dietary necessity when it really isn't. Diets and training should be both adaptive and prescriptive; I see a lot of people relying on a prescribed modality for diet and training and don't ever take the time to analyze why the prescription was given to begin with. Knowledge is power and all that.
Which modalities? The only constant that I've ever found is 1g of protein for each lb of weight. Everything else seems to be fuzzy logic. As for the protein powders, I do find it hard to be able to eat all the protein required to get to 1g per 1lb lean each day and being able to mix them into foods is an easy way to add protein into your diet.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Which modalities? The only constant that I've ever found is 1g of protein for each lb of weight. Everything else seems to be fuzzy logic.

I was speaking more in the general sense there. Going with your example, though...

As for the protein powders, I do find it hard to be able to eat all the protein required to get to 1g per 1lb lean each day and being able to mix them into foods is an easy way to add protein into your diet.
That's the case in point: is a reliance on supplements a dietary issue? I always saw it as one, since people that relied on protein powders tended to not know what to do without one. It's a little too rigid for life. I wouldn't want to go to a restaurant and not know what to get because there isn't Myoplex on the menu. Like I said in another thread, I just see supping and dining as more satiating than eating -- both in the social and nutritional sense.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I was speaking more in the general sense there. Going with your example, though... That's the case in point: is a reliance on supplements a dietary issue? I always saw it as one, since people that relied on protein powders tended to not know what to do without one. It's a little to rigid for life. I wouldn't want to go to a restaurant and not know what to get because there isn't Myoplex on the menu.
Didn't know if you had anything specific in mind. I don't find it to be a reliance but more of an "easy access" thing. Easy to add, easy to use, and there in case I need it. I do understand what you mean with the restaurant example though. People live and die by this **** far too much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads