• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 09

Edd

Reaction score
hi guys, joined forum today i'm from the uk. I've been buying EG for past few years i'm also keen on post overalls. Anyway it looks a strong collection this a/w. I'm Interested in the Herringbone Wool CPO shirts, has anyone viewed these?

Berlin Atze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
EG did that CPO shirt jacket in some weird patterns this year- brown herringbone windowpane and charcoal glen plaid?? Those fabrics don't fit the nature of the shirt at all.

One of the many reasons I sometimes wonder if EG knows what they're doing. Which doesn't mean much of their stuff is great. It's just that some of the items have weird cuts. And not weird in a good way. Super-short sleeves, saggy fabrics (FW08 Wool Chesterfield), you name it. Oops, blasphemy...

Berlin Atze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chip
Definitely not trendy beyond this forum.
Hmm, not sure about that. It seems with FW09, EG has been picked up by some very trendy stores in Berlin, the kind of stores which usually sell Nike and Adidas and maybe Henry Vibskov, Marc Jacobs and the likes. Think electro-raver-hipster-crossover gear. Definitely not a crowd that's into well made Americana. As a rule of thumb, you can say a trend is over once it arrives it Berlin.

JOA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Anyone seen the cardigan?

EFFW09OiPolloi22.jpg

I know that Oi Polloi, Hejfina and Blake will be carrying it (amongst others). And, once they do, I'll be having it. Probably looking forward to that piece more than any other as I love the Varsity Cardigan from last F/W.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I would just think of it as a wool shirt jacket. I don't think anyone wearing one is a CPO anyways...

...or a factory worker, or bridge builder, or railroad engineer.

I looked a little closer at Gary's picture on page 2 and it looks like they've left off the anchor buttons, so yeah, you're right- it does just look like a regular shirt jacket.

Edd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Berlin Atze
One of the many reasons I sometimes wonder if EG knows what they're doing. Which doesn't mean much of their stuff is great. It's just that some of the items have weird cuts. And not weird in a good way. Super-short sleeves, saggy fabrics (FW08 Wool Chesterfield), you name it. Oops, blasphemy...

not overly keen on the wide cuff on my a/w08 bedford jacket & s/s09 black bakers jacket. Will probably buy an engineers jacket which i believe have a buttoned cuff. Another problem for me is that i bought a heavy workshirt a/w 08 that has a snag or pull in the fabric, then i noticed a similar problem with a woolrich woolen mills heavyweight shirt from same season. Wonder how good quality control is
smile.gif
Of course i didn't notice straight away, but feel sure i didn't snag both shirts.

Django

Reaction score
Anyone in the US pick up the raglan sweats?

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Django
If you're referring to the raglan pullover sweater (no hood), then it's Japan only.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some better pics of Gary's Green/Blue Vyella (cotton/wool) 19th Century BD Shirt:

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02059.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, here's stockists of everything in Blue Wool Denim and Grey Wool Denim:

Shawl Collar Cinch Vest
Blue Wool Denim
Japan Only

Grey Wool Denim
American Rag LA, CA
Canvas Malibu, CA USA
Lane Crawford Hong Kong, HK
Protec Bologna, Italy
SF Market Seoul, Korea
Tailor at the Tannery London, UK

Engineer Jacket
Blue Wool Denim
Japan Only

Grey Wool Denim
Context Madison, WI USA

Andover Jacket
Blue Wool Denim
Garbstore London, UK
Sportivo Madrid, Spain
Thomas I Punkt Hamburg, Germany

Grey Wool Denim
Bellarose Brussels, Belgium
Lane Crawford Hong Kong
Start London
TailorattheTannery London

Cinch Pant
Blue Wool Denim
Japan Only

Grey Wool Denim
Lane Crawford Hong Kong, HK
Protec Bologna, Italy
Tailor at the Tannery London, UK

Railroad Cap
Blue Wool Denim
Legion LA, CA USA

Grey Wool Denim
Babylon Bus Prato, Italy
Baseblu Varese, Italy
Context Madison, WI USA
Hejfina Chicago, IL USA
Jake Chicago, IL USA
Legion LA, CA USA
The Outpost Barcelona, Spain

Chip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Django

Stuart & Wright is picking up a Navy reverse weave crew neck and zip hoodie. See my post on the previous page for their other stock.

FatMod

Reaction score
Thanks for the update on stockists, I'm going to try and pre-order a certain piece.

I'm still trying to find a red twill shirt, can anyone who has purchased one tell me the approx measurements in a medium. Last seasons indigo workshirt in a medium proved a little too roomy and a bit long so I had the tailor alter these. Is the cut any slimmer this season?

alex99

Reaction score
FYI Odin received their EG F/W shipment yesterday. I just picked up the Grey Diagonal Cotton Twill Work Shirt in size S. They said pics will be on their web site in 1-2 weeks since they still need to do the shoot. You can call and order now though.

JOA

Reaction score
Can you tell us what other pieces they received?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads