• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite sweaters/knits.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Punisher
I'm looking to kop some quality sweaters and want to buy some with interesting patterns, designs, textures, etc.

Maybe not this exactly but I want a heavy wool sweater:

1523_big.jpg

I like the heathered look of this B. Son piece, if I found a crewneck like this my life would be complete.

What is this style called?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I have a beautiful super heavy RRL cashmere grey shawl neck pullover that I like a lot
also a cool all black super heavy ribbed knit cotton full zip high neck cardigan from fillipa k

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yo nobody cares about your peasant status knits alex.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Yo nobody cares about your peasant status knits alex.
**** you. That sweater is dope. Much better than some of the lame/boring margiela knits out there. I have a margiela charcoal vneck knit that's nice and all but doesn't hold a candle to the old acne one. Margiela makes some nice knits but there are very few of them from each year worth a ****. I still enjoy my cloak fishnet one on occasion. Looks great worn under jackets. It's hard to find badass knits though. I want more. A lot of the ones i see from designers are just BR sweaters with better materials. You should wear all of your knits layered for the nyc party. Then i can steal them for when i become fat in my old age

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
98% of margiela knits are plain/boring

I have the 2%.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, two of my favorite sweaters are my Italian merino cable-knit pullovers from Banana Republic. They're super thick and soft, and fit pretty slim.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
btw my rrl knit retailed for more than any gay mmm **** sooo back up *****

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
98% of margiela knits are plain/boring I have the 2%.
The YMC one from 2-3 years ago is actually pretty nice. Warm wool. Pretty dark green color, interesting details but still really subtle. My knit collection is real low though the acne asymmetric one wool acne navy cardi margiela charcoal vneck (slightly distressed) cloak mesh black/white ymc dark olive ummm..... i think that's all. i have a raf by raf patchwork sweatshirt that's nice for bumming around need more cool knits. Not as interested in the plain cash vnecks.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
My jil cashmere retailed for 1340 wassup now *****.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I own like 2 j crew vnecks. they are fine I guess

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
btw my rrl knit retailed for more than any gay mmm **** sooo back up ***** cause i'm reppin the ultimate gay cowboy brand

FTFY
laugh.gif

Jil knits are wonderful. I really love Raf knits too, more for the styling though, quality and hand aren't at the level of Jil from what I've seen. Junya is always great, though it's a pretty specific aesthetic I think it works for most SF members. I like some Givenchy knits, quality varies though IMO. Bottega is another luxe brand that makes nice knits if you are up for shelling out serious dough.

Acne does good stuff, I think Filippa K is great on sale, if you're really boring APC is fine on sale too. Hyden Yoo does some respectable knits for the price range, styling is usually alright. Haven't actually handled any Mjolk knits but all I've heard is great things. Patrik Ervell is hit or miss for me, some of the knits are worth the price, others I think could be substituted for Banana Republic stuff. Lindqvist and Carin Wester do cool stuff with their knits, quality is not astounding but styling and construction are always interesting and unique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads