• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
btw, did my info above prove helpful to you, amce?
Yepp, thanks. I'm on the fence at the moment. Decisions, decisions................. Cheers

Sharpe

Reaction score
Read further up this threat that the leather sole craftsman might not be good if it rains?

Can you wear leather-soled shoes in the rain? Does it damage them in any way or just make your feet wet?

EDIT: Also, anyone here just have a black craftsman? Or does everyone either go for just the chestnut or buy several?

sammy

Reaction score
Does RM Williams make cordovan boots? I have two pairs of craftsmen in yearling (chestnut and whiskey) but find that they are easily scratched. I'd like to order a pair of Stockmans but in a thicker and more durable hide. Any suggestions?

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sammy
Does RM Williams make cordovan boots? I have two pairs of craftsmen in yearling (chestnut and whiskey) but find that they are easily scratched. I'd like to order a pair of Stockmans but in a thicker and more durable hide. Any suggestions?

Don't think so but they have other options. Check pages 90 - 107 in the new catalogue. Lots of info.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...9#/a1a2d879/92

BTW, there's an extensive sizing section and order form for MTO's starting on page 154

Cheers

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
Sorry if this is stupid but.. I got more confused after going through the opening post guide. My feet measure barely 10 inches, regular D width, and I wear a size 8 to 8 1/2 in most american boots. What size would I order for the B541 Kangaroo Craftsman? btw I want a chisel-toed shape so I would not want the forum special model?
halp. please.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
coincidently I tried a pair for the first time today, and I think I will be buying some. I went to a construction site in Melborne, and the safety regulations said that we had to wear "work boots" - so somebody lent me a pair. I did like them

amce

Reaction score
halp. please.

Sorry mate. I know nothing about American sizing. Maybe the sizing info in the catalogue will be of assistance.

Cheers

wetnose

Reaction score
Sorry if this is stupid but.. I got more confused after going through the opening post guide.

My feet measure barely 10 inches, regular D width, and I wear a size 8 to 8 1/2 in most american boots.
What size would I order for the B541 Kangaroo Craftsman? btw I want a chisel-toed shape so I would not want the forum special model?

The Kangaroo Craftsman already comes in a chisel toe shape so no worries.

The problem with shoe makers is that their sizing is all over the place. I suggest you nail it down to 8 or 8.5. Which one is it? The best way to find out is to go try on an AE shoe.

Or you could use this guide that shows you how to measure your feet:

http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/ss/measurefeet.htm

Once you know your size, subtract 1/2 to get your RMW size.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Barely 10 inches, I'm probably US 8 but in some smaller boots I go up a half size.

Thanks, twas very helpful. I'll go try on an AE shoe.

Sharpe

Reaction score
Leather sole or rubber? Is it ok to get leather soles wet sometimes - I don't mind my foot getting wet, as long as the shoe/sole isnt damaged by it.

Is comfort craftsman that much clunkier?

I was sold on the leather sole...but now i'm not so sure...

sammy

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Willow, Latego or Distressed hides? Looking for something heavier and more durable than Yearling.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sharpe
Leather sole or rubber? Is it ok to get leather soles wet sometimes - I don't mind my foot getting wet, as long as the shoe/sole isnt damaged by it.

Is comfort craftsman that much clunkier?

I was sold on the leather sole...but now i'm not so sure...

I have the leather soled Craftsman and if I were to do it again, I'd buy the Comfort Craftsman. Love my boots, but the rubber sole and the additional cushioning inside the shoe would make it even better. I've seen the CC and I didn't find it any clunkier. From a standing view, people would have no clue it's a rubber sole. I do believe I read (in this thread) that the cushioning inside the shoe makes the toe box a "little" tighter.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
The Kangaroo Craftsman already comes in a chisel toe shape so no worries. The problem with shoe makers is that their sizing is all over the place. I suggest you nail it down to 8 or 8.5. Which one is it? The best way to find out is to go try on an AE shoe. Or you could use this guide that shows you how to measure your feet: http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/ss/measurefeet.htm Once you know your size, subtract 1/2 to get your RMW size.
Turns out I'm either a 7 1/2 E or an size 8 D in Allen Edmonds.. but the 7 1/2 E fits better. My feet definitely measure exactly size 8 and full D (on the measurement device) where to go from here?

Ged

Reaction score
Turns out I'm either a 7 1/2 E or an size 8 D in Allen Edmonds.. but the 7 1/2 E fits better.
My feet definitely measure exactly size 8 and full D (on the measurement device)

where to go from here?

I am an 8E - 8EEE in AE, and an 8H in RMW.
I'd recommend you go 8G in RMW. All the salesman always recommend wearing them long.

Ged

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads