• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Houston meet up?

JordanH.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to the last meet up with you guys. What do you all think about another meet up? When and where?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't make it last time also but the only suggestion I have is not in the summer.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
I couldn't make it last time also but the only suggestion I have is not in the summer.

So wait until November? Hell, air conditioning's ubiquitous enough in these parts that I'll meet up any time, summer heat be damned.

JordanH.

Reaction score
So, would late October be good? And, would everyone else be ok with that? I imagine that if enough people comment here, we can vote.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Try Anvil, the cocktail bar.

JordanH.

Reaction score
Anvil? I don't believe I've ever heard of it. What side of Houston is it on? I'm guessing somewhere on Westheimer.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JordanH.
So, would late October be good? And, would everyone else be ok with that? I imagine that if enough people comment here, we can vote.

If we wait until mid-November, we can bum rush Chan on its Houston visit.

JordanH.

Reaction score
^Lol, if you want we can wait. And, now that I think about it, if it would be held at the last week of October, I would not be able to make it. But, earlier or later should be fine.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking, maybe we should make a proper dinner out of this. We can't let the bay area and HK igents have all the fun.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We can meet at Nice Lopez tailor on Sage rd, across Galleria, and get some light food catered. He is a wealth of info too...........so nice fabrics/books......... and he has enough room on the 2nd floor with comfy sofas.
Just a thought.

Regards.

gentpax

Reaction score
Nick rules. Anvil too. I bet you could probably talk Bobby into making cocktails at Nick's shop if enough people came. Seriously.

JordanH.

Reaction score
I just looked up Anvil and it seems as though they'd be a nice place to go. The other ideas sound cool too. Either way, I'm down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads