• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What laptop do you own?

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife wants to get a new Macbook Pro. Thoughts? Is it really worth twice as much as a Dell?

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
My wife wants to get a new Macbook Pro. Thoughts? Is it really worth twice as much as a Dell?

Well worth it. Once you switch to Mac there's no going back. It's such a better operating system. Everything runs smooth. I don't like ipods at all and go through them all the time but the Macbooks hold up really well.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by btlaxripper
Apple is about to come out with a Tablet Laptop. (You know, swivel the screen and you can write on it like a sheet of paper, etc)

I PERSONALLY have absolutely no need for something like that, so I snagged the 13" MBP with a student discount, only cost me $1000 which I payed with all the money I made on eBay cleaning out the garage so it was basically free. Best money I've ever spent, the thing works great, reliable, durable, smart, and looks so good.

Even better than the black MB I had a few years ago.

Yea sounds pretty cool but it's not going to be like a heavy duty computer. It sounds like it's going to be like a netbook and good for basic stuff and internet browsing. And it's only going to have a 10" screen. I want an actual computer and the 13" MBP is perfect because it combines a really serious comp with small, but not to small size.

tqd1

Reaction score
Picked up a Thinkpad SL500 in the region of $500-550 a few months back. It's solid.

My roommate got the new Inspiron 15 from Dell at Best Buy... also in the region of $500 and it seems rock solid as well.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83

Yes, if you factor in everything. A+ Customer Service, A+ Build Quality, A+ Operating System, A+ Screen and Graphics.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my 15" Macbook Pro today. Opted for the 500GB upgraded HD, filemaker pro, and iWork. Got the educational discount. So far so good, my first mac in years. Should make a good presentation laptop.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
Just got my 15" Macbook Pro today. Opted for the 500GB upgraded HD, filemaker pro, and iWork. Got the educational discount. So far so good, my first mac in years. Should make a good presentation laptop.

Sounds good. I have Iwork and never have used it. It's a pain ********** and Microsoft Office is much better for most things.

JonB27

Reaction score
Just got the new 13" MacBook Pro for travel...

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JonB27
Just got the new 13" MacBook Pro for travel...

Is your avatar a CBR? I have an 07 CBR600.

Psyren

Reaction score
Sony Vaio VGN NS110E, with Vista. Decent pc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads