• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Other thought: I wore a Rick Owens double-layered longsleeve to run some errands today and it was rainy. The water and overall humidity was absorbed by the tee and it sorta untwisted itself and became a dress within 5 minutes. I looked like a stupid gaylord.

Man what a joke. Is there a way to re-twist?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i like overpriced basics by mmm and dries that could easily be mistaken for h&m by the uninitiated. i like brands that are not easily recognized by anyone but the wearer.

Originally Posted by Homme
You like it the stealth wealth ?

thanks

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Fuuma this fall collection arriving is actually the last season of any margiela and some of his design team influence

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Man what a joke. Is there a way to re-twist?

Haha, of course. It's just cotton and not really twisted, you just let it dry, throw in dryer if you want it to shrink and when it is moisture free it is easily twistable.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Fuuma this fall collection arriving is actually the last season of any margiela and some of his design team influence

I thought he had been progressively retiring for years? Anyway doesn't matter, I liked the last two collections and it's not complex like the woman's stuff so I don't foresee them totally ******* it up before a few seasons.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
MMM is less logo'd Moschino
It's too literal now with the references and it's too in your face vs. being subtle

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
+1 on Canada sucking ass for fashion. I live within 2 hours of Toronto, so I can find some SF-approved stuff but paying retail price in CDN is comparable to getting kicked in the sack.
Thank God for Roden Gray. Honestly there aren't that many cities in the US that have a store that good. TO has Nomad. If you compare where you live to NYC you're obviously going to be disappointed, but if that's the case then ******* move there.

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
^^^ Yeah same here, Am i really gonna give a **** about what I look like when I'm worrying about a job and kids and all that other stuff adults worry about?

Idk, but it worries me. Geez this is quoted from a while ago.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
MMM is less logo'd Moschino
It's too literal now with the references and it's too in your face vs. being subtle

Scraggly dudes wearing white 70s Vegas getup? I dig it. But yeah, the anniversary collection with the disco balls was sorta hardcore on the nighlife references. I'm still thinking about the disco-lapel jacket.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I thought he had been progressively retiring for years? Anyway doesn't matter, I liked the last two collections and it's not complex like the woman's stuff so I don't foresee them totally ******* it up before a few seasons.

Next spring is terrible, renzo will undoubtedly utilize lots of archived pieces for lack of design talent.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
i should have bought the sidezip florsheim boots i saw for cheep.

riraito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Thank God for Roden Gray. Honestly there aren't that many cities in the US that have a store that good. TO has Nomad. If you compare where you live to NYC you're obviously going to be disappointed, but if that's the case then ******* move there.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could order from the US online and not be hit by the exchange rate, shipping, and customs.

Personally, I'd love to shop more from SF affiliates but these factors add up and they make sale items barely worth buying.. especially when you don't have cash to burn

I concede though that the Canadian Dollar has been getting stronger recently.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Don't you have a couple of brands that you feel are "favourites" by now and have felt so for a while? Maybe it's best to only purchase from those if you often experience that kind of remorse. I do know there are some mid-range and mall brands that feel that way to me so it's not even about high end. I never regret buying a new Uniqlo white tee, I get exactly what I want and merely feel I need to replace them when they're worn out.

My fashion thought: I keep having these slight change of direction every couple of months or so. By now they don't really detract from the overall direction of my wardrobe but give it more depth, or so I like to think. I had a suiting phase where I got a couple of TB and shirts. Also sold a bunch of shoes and got more elegant/menswear ones.

Nowadays:
- I'm really feeling white garments (shoes, jackets, shirts)
- I wear more light sweaters than I used to (not big on sweaters, prefer tee+jacket)
- I tend to be more casual and hardly wear suits
- I added some colours
- I need some "fun" designers like De Castelbajac and wear more Junya/CdG.

Next phase will probably be a return to suiting and dress shoes.

I do have "favorites" the problem is that I tend to jump onto the lesser known American or Japanese designers and end up paying $400-500 at full retail for something, when I could get something really amazing at that same price if I just bought it from the B&S forum or Supermarket or something. I have some Juun J stuff + a raf sweater I bought at full retail that I know I'll love for a long time... but it's never fun if you're wearing the same **** every day, even when that **** is really nice.

I'm more and more getting into suits and dress shoes, myself.

I need to get some fancy knits and some good trousers and everything will be on a much higher level.

/end random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads