• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously! I'm about ready to give up on RRL.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Joel, did they mean a "one wash" instead of rinse? I think that's how they described it (rinse) for fall back in Jan. For some reason I remember them saying that not many models would be offered in raw no-wash, just raw one-wash.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I talked to the manager Tebo at the Nolita store. I'm pretty sure he said 'Rinse', but I'm not 100% sure. You'd think the manager would be up on everything, but he told me RRL doesn't offer the Low Straight in Rigid aka raw.

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
I talked to the manager Tebo at the Nolita store. I'm pretty sure he said 'Rinse', but I'm not 100% sure. You'd think the manager would be up on everything, but he told me RRL doesn't offer the Low Straight in Rigid aka raw.

I'm pretty sure I saw a pair at the georgetown store back when it was still open.

i know i missed the convo a few months back but was Lisa the really pretty one with blue eyes?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's the thing with RRL there is a huge disconnect with the buyers for RRL and the RRL store employees. I remember a couple seasons ago the Ralph stores didn't stock 31"s but I did and people would go in and ask for 31's but the employees would swear they didn't exist because the store buyer wouldn't buy them. Same situation here probably.
anyway I would rather you buy from me!
My new stock is running late ( shocker) but will be here very very soon.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Could you check for 29x(32 or 34) officer chinos?

They had them. They were well stocked in the Officers Chinos.

Ended up getting 2 pairs of Regulation Shinos, thought the fit was better for work.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yes the "31 didn't exist" lines

ahhh

foxnwolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
i called them today and they denied this. and said none of their stores have a chainstitching machine.
confused.gif

self edge in les, nyc will have a chainstitcher next week..

$25 for an outside pair. free if you buy their jeans..

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RRL will only hem their product no outside product... go to Self Edge or 45rpm ( for now)

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear the raw in the straight cut. I've definitely seen the low straight in the same raw material. The back pocket stitching is different for the straight and the low straight; low straight is bit more busy on the back pocket.

BTW, I'm finally seeing some good fading on my straights. The waist is a bit too big, but thights fit great, below the knee is fine.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
I wear the raw in the straight cut. I've definitely seen the low straight in the same raw material. The back pocket stitching is different for the straight and the low straight; low straight is bit more busy on the back pocket.

BTW, I'm finally seeing some good fading on my straights. The waist is a bit too big, but thights fit great, below the knee is fine.

According to RRL and from what I've read here on Style Forum, raw RRL's do not have and pocket stitching whatsoever.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to RRL and from what I've read here on Style Forum, raw RRL's do not have and pocket stitching whatsoever.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=69449&page=19

Most of the posters in here are mentioning raw RRLs with pocket stitching. Most of the pictures show pocket stiching.

EDIT - In addition, here is a superfuture link. I have the RRL straight fit model depicted in this picture. Note the pocket stitching. The low straights have pocket stiching as well (as shown in the earlier link).

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...=14076&page=96

I don't know if the RRL people are calling these "raw" or not given they are sanfordized and not shrink to fit, but these are rigid, starched deep indigo jeans people break in themselves.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they removed the pocket stitching due to the Levi's lawsuit, which is why older models have it and new ones don't. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i head that as well and thats why the jeans were popping up in marshals.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads