• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

American Eagle steals your style, time to move on.

hamish5178

Reaction score
I really cannot imagine any of the kids I know who wear **** like this having any idea of what to do with those boots.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
As opposed to the trailer blazers of the internet!

I would speak, but I am fearful.

Today's pimp-hand alert level: Elevated

EdenResident

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
I really cannot imagine any of the kids I know who wear **** like this having any idea of what to do with those boots.

They won't give a ****. They'll wear them with their ripped jeans and faded Ts.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178

Put them on their feet?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdenResident
They won't give a ****. They'll wear them with their ripped jeans and faded Ts.

Considering it's all under "work wear," that wouldn't be too far off. Jeans and t-shirts fade and rip when worn at work. I had steel toed Red Wings (which is how I first learned about the brand), a pair of jeans that were ripped and faded as hell, and an old shirt when I worked construction.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Considering it's all under "work wear," that wouldn't be too far off. Jeans and t-shirts fade and rip when worn at work. I had steel toed Red Wings (which is how I first learned about the brand), a pair of jeans that were ripped and faded as hell, and an old shirt when I worked construction.

Indeed. THere's quite a few folks that read SF that actually used the whole "workwear" aesthetic because we.. worked.
smile.gif
I loved my old work red-wings, even though the nails eventually wore through the heel and drew blood.

Mblova

Reaction score
the oxfords and desert boots are looking great.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ludeykrus
I would speak, but I am fearful.
Son, if it was critical, you'd be in the hospital before you even made that post. + # of redwings/workwear/desert boots worn = 0

Sheershucker

Reaction score
So in reference to the original point brought up; AE has ripped off the plurality of my footwear, and thus it's time for me to move on...but where?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly, I don't think high school kids are going to swear this stuff. they've been selling boat shoes and that nice mackintosh-esque jacket for a while and none of the bros at my school have shown up in it. if you guys are worried about kids jockin your steez, it should be UO kids, not AE/A&F kids.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I love having **** that isn't duplicated by mall brands.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the desert boots. They're actually pretty sweet, though the quality isn't as good as Clarks. The color is great, and I get compliments on them a lot.

Like people have said, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing at all.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious time though, I don't think any of these looks are definitively "ours" (as in SF).

Stuff like these have been around forever... they've just been popularized recently by some magazines, and they also happen to be affordable classics which is why SF gravitates towards them so much (it's really not more of an SF uniform thing rather than an affordable basic issue...).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads