• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew F/W 09 Discussion

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
I know it's just marketing but does everything have to be named after some iconic figure; Whitman blazer, Caufield pants, Caine sweater, etc. J Crew makes me feel like a douche because I buy the stuff anyways. I'm definitely not keeping it real.
smile.gif

Barrylicious

Reaction score
I've honestly never even noticed that before. Now that you mention it, it is kinda dumb.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eglbc
has anyone been to any j.crew outlets latley? is there anything worth while?
IM heading to palm springs and thinking of hitting up the outlet

there's one in ontario mills now if you're in the LA area which is closer

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
20% off all men's **** on sale. I'm Cleaning up!
recent purchases at the tice's corner location in upper saddle river
jersey polos w/ jersey collars 10.99
Got some garment died vnecks 12.99
grey/white striped polo 12.99

Morgan

Reaction score
I picked up a seersucker suit last week for $175 after tax and it's at the tailor now. I've wanted one for years but could never convince myself to pull the trigger at full retail and either my jacket or pant size was always sold out by the time it went on sale. I kind of lucked out in that I strolled into my local store on a whim and found exactly one jacket in 38R and one pair of pants in 32/32.

One thing I don't like about it is that it's fully lined. What the hell? Why would you take the lightest, coolest suit you can make and line it with viscose or polyester or whatever it is?

Lendo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gt33
are there any jcrew coupon codes?

gt33

Reaction score
thanks i just did that...are there any that you know of that would work right now? im about to buy some short but just wanna check if there are available coupons first

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here have the Converse Jack Purcell broken-in chino sneakers? How are the laces? Do they have metal tips on the laces?

Lendo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Does anyone here have the Converse Jack Purcell broken-in chino sneakers? How are the laces? Do they have metal tips on the laces?

I picked up a pair from a discount place not too long ago, and they have the metal tip laces.

drewdub

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954

Dont buy them from J Crew unless you are getting a deal. They are normally 65, which is a rip-off. I just got a pair of charcoal JP's off zappos for 50.00 with next day shipping. The J Crew ones are just obnoxiously pre-worn, i had a pair and they were not worth the $15 premium. I only bought them because I was working at J Crew at the time.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drewdub
Dont buy them from J Crew unless you are getting a deal. They are normally 65, which is a rip-off. I just got a pair of charcoal JP's off zappos for 50.00 with next day shipping. The J Crew ones are just obnoxiously pre-worn, i had a pair and they were not worth the $15 premium. I only bought them because I was working at J Crew at the time.

or you can always wait... a couple of months I got some grey JP's at Jcrew on clearance for $8

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bye4now122
20% off sale how?

I'd also like to know.

I didn't get an email (I got one but nothing about 20%) and extra20 is not listed on the site.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
I don't know whether its been mentioned here or anywhere on the forum, but what are your thoughts about j crew and ACL being so tight nit and the whole ACL store thats in the works?

as an ameteur, VERY ameteur blogger it is cool for him... but on the other its like what a sell out.

there was a store that recently set up displays dedicated to bloggers like sea of shoes, the sartorialist, etc.

(hyr)collective made an e-commerce section as well, a lot of the successful fashion/lifestyle blogs already have a steady footing in the industry, which is why they are so successful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads