• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sharpe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amce
Sorting out the colour? Check out the latest RMW catalogue (link above in an earlier post). There's more than just chestnut and black. Indulge yourself.

Cheers

Lots of colours...I really don't know now. I feel I should get black + some shade of brown...but wouldn't know where to begin. ATM i'm leaning towards black either way - though as I want a more casual boot, black may be too formal.

Although i've only see pictures of the HB boots now, the RMW boots just look better to me. And the price difference isn't huge. Even if it was I think i'd still go with RMW.

And sizing is worked out - went into a store the other day and got my right size, tried on a couple of pairs of Craftsman in 7.5G and they fit fine. I guess I just wanted to know why the online prices are so much lower than in the RMW stores. Are they older stock that sit around for longer? I'm in Melbourne so shipping wouldn't be a lot either.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sharpe
I guess I just wanted to know why the online prices are so much lower than in the RMW stores. Are they older stock that sit around for longer? I'm in Melbourne so shipping wouldn't be a lot either.

Can't answer that but as you're in Melbourne (my old home town!) why not visit bootsonline's brick-and-mortar place:

Boots Online - The Stitching Horse Bootery
Shop TG/6, COMO Centre,
299 Toorak Rd
South Yarra

Cheers

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonmarshalljazz
where can i find the best prices for these boots right now?

Depends on what you mean by best. Lowest is not automatically the same as best. Check out the on-line stores. Google away! The ones that I know of are listed in many of the posts in this thread.

Cheers

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope I don't get flamed for digressing from the main subject of this thread but Wraith, I'm a little confused. Maybe you, being closer to the source and if you have time, can help sort things out?

Angie at Henry Baxter was noncommittal about size comparisons between HB and RMW. Secondly she called their top of line model the Henry Baxter, wholecut, one quarter lined.

I sent a similar size request to Blue Heeler Boots in Qld. The replied that the Henry Baxter Classic had been discontinued but anyway recommended the 9.5 Henry Baxter, wholecut, leather sole, no info on lining (AUD$233 +$56 for shipping. Nice price!).

The Henry Baxter website presents the Henry Baxter Classic one-piece dress boot.

Cheers

Yes, the Henry Baxter Classic is still being made as its Baxter's top selling boot. It's a wholecut boot (seam down the heel), leather sole, quarter internal leather lining. If you fax or email a tracing of your feet to Angie, they will happily let you know what size boot fits you best, amce. That's what I did. Once that's determined, you can then buy from either of the online retailers. I personally bought from Boots Australia rather than Blue Heeler, at the time I bought, they were cheaper than Blue Heeler (probably still the case, but you'll need to check the website).

Hope that helps
smile.gif

Sharpe

Reaction score
Can't answer that but as you're in Melbourne (my old home town!) why not visit bootsonline's brick-and-mortar place:

Boots Online - The Stitching Horse Bootery
Shop TG/6, COMO Centre,
299 Toorak Rd
South Yarra

Cheers

Ah a fellow melbournite.

And awesome - thanks for the address. I assume they sell the boots in-store there too? Hopefully be able to check it out next week.

amce

Reaction score
Ah a fellow melbournite.

And awesome - thanks for the address. I assume they sell the boots in-store there too? Hopefully be able to check it out next week.

I've never been there myself but I'm sure they do. I've only done online business with them.

Cheers

Sharpe

Reaction score
I just can't decide between Black or Chestnut...

I think the chestnut looks better by itself, but black would probably go with more things that I have at the moment...

Chestnut i'd wear with my blue jeans etc, black i could wear with other stuff..

What to do...

amce

Reaction score
I just can't decide between Black or Chestnut...

I think the chestnut looks better by itself, but black would probably go with more things that I have at the moment...

Chestnut i'd wear with my blue jeans etc, black i could wear with other stuff..

What to do...

Get both. You need to be able to rotate anyway.
Cheers

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely. I'm planning on expanding my collection of chelseas soon.

btw, did my info above prove helpful to you, amce?

Style Pontifex

Reaction score
And of course they don't make a narrow toe on a wide last. Wow. Why do men with wide feet have to settle for ugly shoes? No thanks.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Sorry if this is stupid but.. I got more confused after going through the opening post guide.

My feet measure barely 10 inches, regular D width, and I wear a size 8 to 8 1/2 in most american boots.
What size would I order for the B541 Kangaroo Craftsman?
or for the forum special? btw I want a chisel-toed shape.

Sharpe

Reaction score
Get both. You need to be able to rotate anyway.
Cheers

One day.

But for now I can only afford one pair. Probably for a year or so. So I just have to figure out which pair to get now. Also going to get a pair of brown alden indy boots in about a year when I get a chance to try some on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics