• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

should i wear a suit everyday?

yllilevad9119

Reaction score
Hi, im a 17 year old guy going into his senior year of high school and i would really like to wear a classy suit everyday. but im afraid some people may get jealous or it may seam that i think im something else. and by the way when i wear a suit i make sinatra look like a hobo. that being said to me wearing a suit is like wearing armor. what would you think if u were in hs and someone did this ?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
first
lurker[1].gif

Alek

Reaction score
Dude im in hs and im telling you absoltuley not. You will be the laughing stock/weirdo. Trust me on this, if you need any assistance with what to wear in hs send me a message, im pro at this

jbmarine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yllilevad9119
Hi, im a 17 year old guy going into his senior year of high school and i would really like to wear a classy suit everyday. but im afraid some people may get jealous or it may seam that i think im something else. and by the way when i wear a suit i make sinatra look like a hobo. that being said to me wearing a suit is like wearing armor. what would you think if u were in hs and someone did this ?

I would think they were a douche/someone to keep an eye on as they might pull a Columbine if I made fun of them. Don't do it.

Bluestrike2

Reaction score
I wore sweaters a lot in high school, and that was bad enough for some people (not the girls though so screw the naysayers). They only thing worse than wearing a suit daily to a high school, especially in this day and age, would have been wearing one to a hippy commune.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what kind of car do you drive?

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
I used to comb my hair parted on one side and every guy felt it was their birth-right to mess up my hair on sight. It pissed them off to see every hair in place. I can't imagine what they'll do to your nice suit. Be wise. Dress like the rest. When you are finished all day schooling you'll finally be free to do as you like...well unless you are going to some private or prep school I suppose.

sarcasticfolly

Reaction score
If I could have afforded it, I would have, but I'm also pretty ridiculous in general and wear blazers to college classes regularly.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's one guy at my school that wears a suit on the first day, and then on the last day, no one really notices but it is kind of amusing to see it, i'm at your average socal public school where 40% of the people still wear hollister, 30% wear ghetto baggy ****, 10% are hypebeasts (or wannabes), 15% are normal levis and generic stuff, and the rest are people who actually know how to dress

i would not wear a suit everyday, or anyday in high school unless it's for a presentation that requires more formal clothing, jcrew would seem a bit more appropriate if you want to look better, i would save the expensive stuff for college

btw i'm about to be a senior too and i mainly wear selvage denim (my PBJs and APCs), jcrew, and sperrys/vans

Bluestrike2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sarcasticfolly
If I could have afforded it, I would have, but I'm also pretty ridiculous in general and wear blazers to college classes regularly.

Wait... that's ridiculous? Explains a lot, really.
plain.gif

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Knowing the appropriate attire to wear in various situations is a huge part of being stylish. Obviously, wearing a suit to school is not appropriate. Even if you were able to piece together a great outfit, suit and all, it would still be out of place in that setting... making you look (rightfully so) incredibly foolish.

Style Pontifex

Reaction score
Would you wear a tux to the office? Then why would you wear a suit to school? Time & place dictate.

Darnmor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
Knowing the appropriate attire to wear in various situations is a huge part of being stylish. Obviously, wearing a suit to school is not appropriate. Even if you were able to piece together a great outfit, suit and all, it would still be out of place in that setting... making you look (rightfully so) incredibly foolish.

I can't think of a better way to word this. Right on the nose.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its never to early or to late to cultivate the person you want to become. I think if you were to to this it would make you a mentally stronger person, and a more secure and confident person. Being you will get heckled and made fun of by ignorant people with nothing better to do, but you should march on stylishly.

I fully support you doing this as you only have one life, better to do it in style than float in the mundane till you sink in regrets. My advice, do it, and do it well.
smile.gif
smile.gif
bigstar[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads