• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Wear Pink?

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Darnmor
I go back to the original question of ‘…for those that do, what are your reasons?’
You don't need a reason to wear pink any more than you need a reason to wear blue, other than it looks good...

Darnmor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kentishman

Now, black suits, on the other hand...

Hay!!! I was trying to mix up a storm, not a damn tornado.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My skin looks better against summer colours

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you’re not comfortable with your sexuality

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I sometimes wonder what might have been if I left my purple jacket in its original pink incarnation. I'd probably have been happier with a paler pink rather than pastel, much like your model

Darnmor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
You don't need a reason to wear pink...

You're right, you don't 'need' a reason, but people still have reasons.

Originally Posted by barims
My skin looks better against summer colours

Darnmor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zenny
you're not comfortable with your sexuality

How did you know?

lfl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kentishman
I worked with a Lithuanian girl who used to always say "I think you're very brave for wearing pink, men really shouldn't wear it...". She was quite, quite mental though. Still is, in fact. And I therefore feel justified in my choice.

I think this is an Eastern European thing, I worked with a Polish girl (also mental haha) who went to great lengths to point out that I looked 'gay' anytime I wore pink or purple. That said her wardrobe was limited almost exclusively to black, grey and olive green.

As for the colour, I have a Mediterranean olive complexion, so hell yeah, I'm wearing pink all day, although I limit myself to really pale pinks.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one pink shirt. I don't think the colour flatters my pasty complexion all that well.
plain.gif

phillyesq

Reaction score
I wear pink frequently. I have a lot of ties that are some comination of blue or pink, and one that is a nice chocolate brown with little blue and pink in it. I wear pink shirts, including dress shirts, oxfords and polos. I don't wear pink daily, but I wear it quite frequently.

Hennessy

Reaction score
I frequently wear pink button down shirts. Looks great with dark color jackets and/or trousers.

Darnmor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lfl
As for the colour, I have a Mediterranean olive complexion, so hell yeah, I'm wearing pink all day, although I limit myself to really pale pinks.

Quick question, why not bright or vibrant pinks? That goes for any who wear pink, but only pale or pastel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads