• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Balmoral Boots

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any more pics of shoes Cliff has produced for members here ? Would be very interested to see ...........

Wrigglez

Reaction score
you people will send me broke not the economic crisis, 355 pounds + 30-40 pounds to Aust, for a
%100 hand made shoesounds too good to pass up. its relitive to a pair of handgrade C&J's but completely handmade!

any news lately on cliff, some cranky northampton shoe companies havn't bumped him off yet?
i was thinking i chissel toe EG Berkley copy or the famed JL 8000 last, who knows.
but considering EG is about $AU1200-1500 here, cliff seems to be a far more viable option.
has anyone posted him an a4 piece of paper with their foot outlines on it as a size guide?
guess my tax returns going to a new pair of shoes!
thanks for finding this guy OP

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clifford can use your own last, either made by another shoe maker or a bespoke one by Springline.

He can make quite a few different designs

He has no relationship with Edward Green

he does not use any EG lasts (888 or 202)

he is specific in noting his lasts are of his own design through Springline's last making department

I don't see Clifford copying any shoe companies exact design & last shape. Instead he has his own lasts & can use your very own one too. He can then take design attributes from classic English shoes & incorporate them into the design you desire

If you want London bespoke quality & construction, then try G&G, Fosters, etc.

clintonf

Reaction score
Hi all, after a wonderfully pleasant meeting with Cliff yesterday, I present the shoes that he's loving made for me. Delivered in time (my birthday).

I'm very pleased with them.

So without any further delay, here are the pictures.

Cliff_Brogue8.jpg

Cliff_Brogue9.jpg

Cliff_Brogue6.jpg

Cliff_Brogue5.jpg

Cliff_Brogue8.jpg

Cliff_Brogue3.jpg

Cliff_Brogue4.jpg

Cliff_Brogue2.jpg

Cliff_Brogue1.jpg

jtw3036

Reaction score
Very nice!

How would you say the finishing and leather compare to your MTO from Alfred Sargent?

How do they feel and fit?

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Very nice sole and heel details, Clint.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by jtw3036
Very nice!

How would you say the finishing and leather compare to your MTO from Alfred Sargent?

How do they feel and fit?

I've been thinking the same thing. It's really weird. The leather on these (Cliff) shoes is a lot stiffer than the AS shoes. The quality of these shoes is very apparent. Study construction, excellent finish. However, there is still room for the AS.

It is unfair to make such comparisions, with 1 pair verus 4 pairs. But the AS shoes that I've had to date are quite sleek and fit me well. Cliff's shoes fit me VERY well, but this shoe is not as sleek.

However, I don't really see any overlap between them. Therefore, I plan to do both. I would like another couple of pairs of Cliff made shoes and I'm in negotiations with AS for another 2-3 pairs.

I hope that this makes sense?

Thanks again

Clint

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes and I love the antiquing.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clintonf...nice shoes

Excellent color choice and the antiquing looks fine

The sole/waist look unique

A very classic English shoe on a classic rounded last...well executed

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Insane!

29ec0ec8.jpg

881898b9.jpg

2638a0e3.jpg

de0f1b10.jpg

8fa253c5.jpg

a9706efa.jpg

ab7d85b0.jpg

21c60110.jpg

37f1621d.jpg

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FNB, I think you would have approved of it even more if it had the following:

1. Black Cordovan (nothing keeps you warmer on those hot summer days)

2. A heavyweight Fresco London Lounge limited edition cloth, which you can't have, meshed into the sides of the shoe like the way E.T. made his E.G. Top Drawer boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads