• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Kent steppin your game up since you started posting keep it coming.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
07-24-2009-1.jpg

I like this jacket a lot, but the way its pulling under the arms makes it look paper thin and therefore sort of cheap (though that will probably take care of itself with wear assuming its new). Also, tightening the knot a bit would look better with the size of the collar & lapels.

Originally Posted by xchen
014.jpg

t-shirt is too tight in the chest cousin, nips too pronounced, suppose you probably can't help this with your shoulders back like that

Originally Posted by Biscotti
DSC00351.JPG

straight leg jeans would improve this by leaps and bounds for me

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC00351.JPG

Moscot Nebb
Nudie Conny jacket
Band Of Outsiders shirt
Hanes t-shirt
custom bison belt by Leatherhead
Nudie Thin Finn's
RMW 'Tamworth'

you like a really big dork with this outfit

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, this is my first post on WAYWT. I've learned a lot from this forum since I joined. My interest in fashion going from 0 to 100 pretty coincided with me joining this forum, I was pretty horribly dressed before and in my eyes this is a big improvement. I'm curious to hear what you guys thing, what direction of dress I should go. I'm rebuilding my wardrobe right now. I took this shot then realized I was sitting next to my boxers, so I edited them out of the pic. I am tall so if I stand I won't be in the picture all the way. I hope no one i know see this lol.
n9cNd.jpg

Doctor

Reaction score
What's with all the horrible posing going on for the last couple pages? You're not supermodels in a fashion shoot guys. Mostly you manage look marsupialed when you're otherwise quite normal looking people if you'd quit being so pretentious.

I am referring to recent pics from several people.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't photographing yourself to post on a forum a very pretentious thing to do in and of itself?

I'm 6'3", my room only goes back so far and I don't wanna bring my camera outside, as photographing myself is a pretty embarrasing thing to explain to people. relax, take a chill pill.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Biscotti, the Moscots are great. The jacket is cool and fits well, but I hope you've taken a seam ripper to that godawful Nudie logo on the back. The shirt's color evokes images of an IT professional gone clubbing. It may be BoO, but the fit isn't great. Jawns have cool fades, but the taper and overall tightness conflicts with the vintage vibes coming from the glasses and denim jacket. The shoes are just out of place. A white t shirt, looser (and lighter?) jawns, and some redwings would take that fit a hell of a long way.

I'm nitpicking, but that's just because I like the overall concept (your last fit was one of my favorites), but the execution is just a little bit off, in a few of places.

[/overanalysis]

Bluemagic, you might steam that to a 3-hard roll-2. IMHO, 3-roll-2.5 only can look good on sack jackets.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
DSC00351.JPG

Moscot Nebb
Nudie Conny jacket
Band Of Outsiders shirt
Hanes t-shirt
custom bison belt by Leatherhead
Nudie Thin Finn's
RMW 'Tamworth'

dude how old are you... you look 15

DECEMBER

Reaction score
You guys will never fuckin believe this. I was on sunset blvd (in LA) today, checking out a few stores (Jakes, Confederacy, etc). As I was getting out of my car... Some guy in his 30-40's rode pass me on a bike, and he was wearing some regular pants, probably khakis (or maybe they were green cargo pants), and a black dressy waistcoat over a dirty white wife-beater. The thing that caught my eye was the silver pocket-watch chain dangling from his waistcoat pocket... Wtf... I'm setting a trend... ...
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads