• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you really wearing?

lechon&rice

Reaction score
OMG, I've been so waiting for this thread for like some time now. I will participate

My top 4
1. Marc Jacobs
2. Comme des Garcons
3. Polo Ralph Lauren
4. J Crew

I'm not a label whore, but I just happen to like many of MJ's and CDG stuffs that I find on sale...YES!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lechon&rice
OMG, I've been so waiting for this thread for like some time now. I will participate

My top 4
1. Marc Jacobs
2. Comme des Garcons
3. Polo Ralph Lauren
4. J Crew

I'm not a label whore, but I just happen to like many of MJ's and CDG stuffs that I find on sale...YES!

I'm not asking you what you prefer, which is often a highly edited version of your wardrobe but what you own at least three garments of. What is REALLY in your wardrobe. If you have 5 pairs of Nike well fess up.

lechon&rice

Reaction score
ooopsy, my bad my bad
" that I purchased on sale...YES!"

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
RRL (suprise!) Rag & Bone Agnes B (more than any other single brand) Surface 2 Air Paris APC Bland of Outsiders KZO Michael J Krell
Oh damn, I just remembered I have 4 Krell pieces (three white v-neck tees and a sf hoodie). BoO is such a big surprise coming from you....

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The number of items you own is of course not necessarily telling about what you wear around. E.g., I only own one item from 5EP but I wear those jeans all the time. I only own one piece of outerwear from Spiewak but it's been my main winter coat for a few years now.

My list isn't surprising--

J crew
RL polo (although I doubt I'd describe J crew and polo as my favorite brands, I'd guess 40% of my stuff is from them--guilty. guilty of being white
frown.gif
)
RRL
LL Bean
Brooks Brothers
Barney's house label
Nike
Converse
Rag and Bone (forgot I had 3 R+B pieces)
Uniqlo
Engineered Garments
Supreme
Levis
J Press

(for example I own at most two pairs of shoes from the same maker)
+1. Shoes are all over the place.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clothes (not shoes or accessories) I have from 1 to many items:

Ralph Lauren - Many
Jcrew - Many
Rugby - 1
Abercrombie - Many
APC - 1
Crate - 1
Rogues Gallery - 1
Nice Collective - 1
H&M - 1
army surplus - 1
Benneton - Many
A few others not worth mentioning.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The core of my casual wardrobe is J Crew and Ralph Lauren (mostly Polo) supplemented by:
Engineered Garments
LL Bean (mostly older stuff)
Steven Alan
Theory
Berkman Brothers
American Apparel
Lacoste
APC

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
raf simons
rick owens
MMM
h & m
jil sander
j linderberg
filippa k

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 or more:
JCrew
Engineered Garments
Gitman
Red Wing
Polo
Hanes

I think thats it off the top of my head...

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is fun. 3 or more Wings+Horns Band of Outsiders Engineered Garments J Crew Gitman Brothers Rogues Gallery American Apparel 2 Nom De Guerre Rag & Bone Crescent Down Works Crate Polo 1 Patrik Ervell Apolis Activism Kicking Mule Workshop LL Bean Krane Clarks Red Wing Chimala Dry Bones Levi's Somet Converse Cole Haan Tanner Goods Calvin Klein Surprisingly to me, I don't own any WWM.

Francis91

Reaction score
I have 3 or more of:

Michael J Krell
JCrew
Brooks Brothers
Banana Republic
Gap
Five Four

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Oh damn, I just remembered I have 4 Krell pieces (three white v-neck tees and a sf hoodie). BoO is such a big surprise coming from you....
I was counting my Krell outerwear but if I included underwear then the number would double. Yeah... BoO. I've been wearing them for about two years now. Haven't bought any for about a year and really have no intention on doing so in the future; it's a mix of being happy with what I recently have and it just not being my aesthetic anymore. Agnes B is much more interesting and in most cases just fits me better. Oh ****, I better add Rokara to my list or Rye will murder me. MMM, too.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is the process of a post SF transition and building up a decent wardrobe. 3 and over: JCrew Brooks Brothers PRL Incotex Hickey Freeman (thrifted) Fred Perry Hanes Kirkland (Their plain white shirts are great) Banana Republic Two: American Eagle Hollister One: Brioni (thrifted) Zegna (thrifted) RLBL (Thank you Socal!) Uniqlo H&M APC Converse

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads