• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
It's hot and humid. Makes it hard to study.
frown.gif

94 here with 100% humidity. Weatherman says it feels like 104 however the hell they measure that. Hot as a slaveship. On to why I'm really pissed:

Some filthy sack of subhuman **** **** ass ***** smashed the **** out of the back of my dad's car yesterday. It was raining, and I was driving home alone from a friends and stopped at a red light.
I look in the rearview momentarily and see this ******* car screech and swerve into me, probably going about 25 mph. Of course she spoke zero English. So yeah it was a bunch of bullshit at the hospital, talking with police etc.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Do you have to do that thing where you let the water drip during the winter so that your pipes don't freeze?
angry.gif

Yeah, for a week or two in the winter. It doesn't freeze for very long here.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
tailor ruined a geller shirt. out like $100

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a sort of friend, more like the husband of a friend of my wife, whose kids and my kids play together, has asked to borrow my car. he and his wife have decided to try to be a one car family, but he makes good money (he is an accountant with 20 years work expereince) and he knows that I travel for work. so he asked me to borrow the car last time I was out of the country, and I agreed. now he has asked again. I really don't want to lend it to him, but I am going to come off an asshole now. ******.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
a sort of friend, more like the husband of a friend of my wife, whose kids and my kids play together, has asked to borrow my car. he and his wife have decided to try to be a one car family, but he makes good money (he is an accountant with 20 years work expereince) and he knows that I travel for work. so he asked me to borrow the car last time I was out of the country, and I agreed. now he has asked again. I really don't want to lend it to him, but I am going to come off an asshole now. ******.

Borrow like "hey, I need to go pick up this picture frame on Friday and it doesnt fit in X's car. Can I borrow your's for a few hours?"

or "Since you are going to be out of town, can I use your car for everything from work to going to get milk?"

K

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
fack, fack, fack and triple fack... within the year I have to appear in court and will probably lose my drivers license for a couple of months..

Uhhh oh... I can only guess

K

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This would not sit well with me either. Maybe tell him that, see by borrowing your car, they're technically not one-car anymore, so you're going to help him get used to his new lifestyle....by not lending it to him.

r...

Reaction score
I really don't want to lend it to him, but I am going to come off an asshole now. ******.
"I would but the starter hasnt been working lately and Im taking it to the shop when I get back." A couple of reasonable excuses whenever he asks will send the point. Although you don't read like the indirect type.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VKK3450
Uhhh oh... I can only guess

K

speeding... in every other country i would have been fine(d).. unfortunately we work with probation periods after previous transgressions.. I still had about a year to go on the previous one, and got caught yesterday.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
GT, Tell him its up for an oil change and tune up, and insist that he brings it in while you're out. +++++ Forgot this one: Was at my friend's wake couple of weeks ago- she succumbed to cancer. That's not what's pissing me off, but finding out that this real ******* douchebag acquaintance of ours went there a few hours earlierf and the husband of the departed was telling him how the cancer has spread to her brain, and because of tumors in her brain stem she went through seizures at first, then she went through phases of blankness and finally fell into coma. His comment: "so she doesn't know Michael Jackson's dead?"

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I firmly believe that one should neither borrow nor lend. Unless there is some sort of emergency or dire situation, I would say no.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
GT,

Tell him its up for an oil change and tune up, and insist that he brings it in while you're out.

What if he says "Ok, sounds great. Just give me the cash for that and I'll take it to the shop tomorrow"? Then you'll sound like an asshole if you don't give him the money, and you still have to let him borrow the car.

I'd go with:

Originally Posted by r...
"I would but the starter hasnt been working lately and Im taking it to the shop when I get back."

Or something major along those lines. Or say you're lending it to a family member, and just park it in the garage (if you have one).

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beer snobs piss me off. Why do you care what other people choose to drink?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Beer snobs piss me off. Why do you care what other people choose to drink?
Can't you dip into your uncle's fund to afford something better than Bud Light with Lime?

macmed

Reaction score
me hang out - till night - my girl calling all the time - and now she is angry..
great..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads