• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Bentley Mulsanne

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emmanuel
I am for interiors! I need soft leather and dark wood and i have an appreciation for traditional dials. As for exteriors, I like them to be modern.
+1. I really like a nicely appointed interior.

jessis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hany
Those front lights on the Bentley are nasty.
frown.gif
Hate them.

Agreed - I really like the fact that RR has evolved the front. Bentley is too predictable for me.

Clean, modern front of the RR is tough.

emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic
Do you think Daimler will enter this segment with a baby Maybach?

I dont think so. The Maybach 57 And 57s models are meant to be driven and not chauffeured. The thing missing from the line up would be a sports car coupe. When the exelero was created I thought it was gorgeous but now it looks like a cartoon to me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maybach_Exelero
I wonder if they are still interested in creating something like that...

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely has potential....

Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
300C anyone?

yeah dude, that's it. Not like 300C copied bentley style originally, it's the other way around..
crackup[1].gif

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Definitely has potential....

yeah dude, that's it. Not like 300C copied bentley style originally, it's the other way around..
crackup[1].gif

did I say Bentley copied it? but it looks even more like the 300c than it did before.

sjg22

Reaction score
Bentley is reminding me of Jaguar's decision to make the latest XJ sedan's styling extremely derivative. I'm not a massive fan of Rolls, but a car like that SHOULD have "Look at me" presence. That's the reason why you're dropping $350 odd thousand on the car, when you could have an S-Class or XJ that basically does much the same thing (although not quite to the same extent). The Bentley looks like the last Bentley Arnage which looked the like the one that preceded it. In the same way that people flock to a new arena or ballpark when it's new to see it, people buy cars that look new and interesting. That isn't to say that you should churn out new styling all the time if it's crap, and change for change's sake isn't good either (the SL line of Mercedes has done just fine changing exterior styling about as often as the Steelers change Head Coaches). But, my point is that when you do decide to change the exterior styling, you need to CHANGE it. Jaguar messed that one up (look at the XJ's sales) and has apparently learned from their mistake given the release of the XF. Bentley should have done something different.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Well geez that tells us a lot doesn't it
rolleyes.gif

Casey

Reaction score
Not really. But I think it's enough to know what Bentley did with it. They can't possibly be that wild with their designs.

Personally, that RR looks a hell of a lot better than the Phantom, and I actually kind of liked it. But it was the "I like it because it's so ugly" type of like. This 200EX is "I like it because it looks nice."

DesignerValet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hypersonic
New press-release image:

35lc5ms.jpg

From this angle it looks like a freakin' Dodge Charger. From what I've seen I don't much care for it; if anything, they need to take styling cues from proper Bentleys (Arnage/Azure/Brooklands) rather than the bland and Germanic-looking Continental GT.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DesignerValet
From this angle it looks like a freakin' Dodge Charger. From what I've seen I don't much care for it; if anything, they need to take styling cues from proper Bentleys (Arnage/Azure/Brooklands) rather than the bland and Germanic-looking Continental GT.

sure, if they don't want to sell any cars. realize that the GT is the best selling Bentley of all time. beyond that, it's a solid, forward looking design. the Bentley of old is just that. old. if Bentley wants to position itself to steal customers from the likes of Mercedes and BMW, they need to make relevant cars not cars that make you think they're going to short out if you drive them through a puddle.

Let's all face it, Bentleys have not been very good cars in the last 40 years. the GT has changed that and the higher ups there know how to bank on a good thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads