• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lesser Known Japanese Denim Brands

iwhelan

Reaction score
Those are definitely tighter than my 0201s were when I bought them, but I think the 0701 is supposed to be tighter. Have you soaked these? These will definitely stretch a bit but not as much as APC or Nudie. I did two soaks so far, one warm and one hot, which did shrink them a bit each time, but they stretched out again horizontally which is good, but stayed shrunken vertically, which was what I wanted.

They are very very stiff, but after the two soaks have softened up a bit. They are still tough but just not as bad. Very comfortable.

If you soak them, you'll definitely see a lot of starch come out.

In the end, I guess you'll have to decide if you think they'll stretch enough to fit you the way you want. If they will need to stretch just a little for this to happen, then keep them but if you think they'll need a lot of stretching, you may need to go up a size.

-Ian

Originally Posted by Doctor
Got my Momotaro's. Heck they're tight. Mainly because all the measurements on Blue in Green's website were out by 1". But they're not so tight they won't stretch (hopefully).

I know the pics look marsupialed, but I took them to ask about fit... So there are a variety of poses for you to enjoy. Each less natural than the last
lol8[1].gif

momotaro.jpg

And yes! I got the pink inseam stitching! So pleased.

The denim is so stiff. Getting the jeans to soften up and stretch is going to kill me.

Also, the tag on the inside ammused me. It reads as follows:
"It will be Okayama if it's called Momotaro.
It will be Momotaro if it's called Okayama.
It will be Okayama if it's called jeans.
It will be jeans if it's called Momotaro."

Doctor

Reaction score
Bear in mind I'm a big guy (6'8") and my thighs are about 25" in circumference (cyclist). So yea... They're tight on me
smile.gif
. The average person probably would see them as more of a slim classic fit rather than skinny. My shoes are about 14"/36cm long as a point of reference. I want them to be about 0.5" bigger in the thighs than they are now (pre-soak). It's going to be no easy task. I plan to wear them super hard for about a week before doing a cold soak. Then wearing them hard again. I've been stretching, squating and generally being rather mobile in all sorts of weird and wonderful ways all day and I'm noticing a small difference already. I can now button them up quite easily(ish) and sit down without breaking my stomach (if that were possible). Are there any problems with not soaking them straight up? It's a bit unorthodox, but I couldn't see any disadvantages besides the stiffness of the jeans and possible indigo stains. If I soaked them right now they'd be lethaly tight. I'm working hard for this fit. Should be worth it.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ since you're not washing, there is a higher possibility of fabric tear and stitch blow out__ or even button hole tear or even popping the button if top block is gravely tight. so, take it easy with the breaking them in and don't force it. eventually they will become soft & pliable.

gt33

Reaction score
what shirt are you wearing above doctor? the red button down

Doctor

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by gt33
what shirt are you wearing above doctor? the red button down

It's a Mossimo shirt - an Australian designer. It wouldn't be available outside Australia, unfortunately. I know that's really not the answer you were hoping for.

gt33

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

It's a Mossimo shirt - an Australian designer. It wouldn't be available outside Australia, unfortunately. I know that's really not the answer you were hoping for.

the same mossimo they sell in target?

Doctor

Reaction score
Well I never. I believe that would be the same one
wink.gif
. I had no idea they were available internationally. The label says "Mossimo Classic". It's red and white plaid with a sky blue stripe. The material is all rough and textured. I'll post a close up if you like. It's such a nice shirt. Only $20 too! (on special).

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

Mossimo isn't Australian BTW - he's from California.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics