• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKISSI

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I was surprised how quickly my bracelet softened up. It was actually too snug the first couple hours I wore it, but it's already started to show some good signs of wear. My only concern is that the continued softening of the leather might make it easier for the latch to easily come off.
Yeah man I wear mine like almost everyday the leather softened up real good cant wait to see aging process for sure. I don't think the softening of the leather would make the latch come off at all, but hey maybe so we'll see.
Originally Posted by robbie
DSCN4506.jpg

this is impressive, I just know with a clearer picture it would be more epic than it is.. Berlinreport , really appreciate the good words your outfit/style is pretty ace in all areas PG , another one lol There is nothing contrived about him, its his lifestyle

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
this (minus the beads)... is beautiful. Do yourself a favor and nix the beads until their due date, hopefully not today, with those beautiful clothes.

Disagree. PG's beads add an element of uniqueness and character that's hard to define, but I think gives a certain something to his outfits. I like it when there's something about a person that's interesting. It makes you want to say "hey, what are those?"

Me... I have a 20cm purple scar down my lower arm/wrist, so I don't need beads
mwink[1].gif

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PG is in his own league, and an inspiration to us all...

although i wouldn't wear the beads!

bwong337

Reaction score
IMG_0172.jpg
yeah creepy smile. classic SF
IMG_0176.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0173.jpg
RRL Shirt RRL One Wash Selvaged Straight Leg Frye Boots Leather Belt PAM J.Crew Canvas Bag I don't know if i should have it cuffed this much or go with a 1-2inch cuff. thoughts?

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Way too much cuff.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Disagree. PG's beads add an element of uniqueness and character that's hard to define, but I think gives a certain something to his outfits. I like it when there's something about a person that's interesting. It makes you want to say "hey, what are those?"

mwink[1].gif

I am all for interesting points in personal dress, and obviously if you do it right, the ladies will love you, but in the context of PG's very clean, modern trad (I'd go as far as to say that four-color Kilgour tie belies its origin and looks more modern continental European even) the beads do not flow. He has this steely, cold European watch on one side and these multicolor Asian hippy beads on the other, and in between, tons of beautiful solid fabrics.

You could do the beads with some sort of washed-out dandy Junya sort of look, but PG tends to veer towards this very conservative, modern and clean Savile Row *** Asia type of setup (look I used Japlish!) and so I feel they really, really clash.

Also, I know the both of you are from Australia, but Americans have a particular problem with idiot bros and former bros mixing stuff like beads with their 'formal' wear, crossing into the territory of actual real guido. It's something I'm sure a lot of the American contingent of SF may agree upon here, beads and suits are honestly fundamentally awkward, even to an already awkward American fashion sense that has no fundamentals. :p

In other news, i wore shiny silicon coated MIJ jeans and a $1 white Hanes tee today, with huge puffy MMM high tops. Eat your heart out.

PPS, PG, I love Alfas too, but a P-car (with only 17K kms on the clock?!?!) ain't a bad substitute, not by any stretch....

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just gave a 2nd and 3rd look at the beads, yup, they're not working. Might as well have a Live Strong bracelet there, it'd give the same exact effect.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For the record though, and I've stated this many times before, I very much like Phat Guido's style and all of his wardrobe, both separated and combined. I just don't like the beads.

bwong337

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Beat me to it. Everything is good but the jeans. I like that shirt.
Moved down to a 1inch cuff. no pics cuz i'm at work. Thanks for the feedback.

Shirt+Pants

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
IMG_4589a.jpg

jcrew, eg, banana republic

I like the way your shirts fit. I'm guessing you have them tailored. Do you usually have them taken in everywhere (back, sides, sleeves)?

quattro88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwong337
Moved down to a 1inch cuff. no pics cuz i'm at work. Thanks for the feedback.

Throw a full frontal pic if you can for proportion's sake.

Not so sure if the 1 inch cuff would word because of the slightly baggy jeans and the shirt length (quick visual says the shirt falls right to the bottom of the rise when straightened, but correct me if I'm wrong). Plus Asians like us who are cursed (blessed?) with the more 5:5 figure would ideally want to elongate the legs as long as possible, so not sure why you'd want the cuff as it pulls emphasis on the shortened leg silhouette.

Nice shirt and watch though.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Those Deus bikes are total hotness. Oh, and you're lookin good, too
smile.gif

- ThanKS

Originally Posted by JKISSI
PG , another one lol
There is nothing contrived about him, its his lifestyle

- Thanks & just living my way!
cheers.gif

Originally Posted by Doctor
mwink[1].gif

- Nice, where can I get one?

Originally Posted by constant struggle
PG is in his own league, and an inspiration to us all...
although i wouldn't wear the beads!

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
For the record though, and I've stated this many times before, I very much like Phat Guido's style and all of his wardrobe, both separated and combined. I just don't like the beads.
- they were gifts.. I don't think they really thought much about how or when I would wear or actually if I would every wear them LOL. But I do know she appreciates it that I am wearing them.

Originally Posted by bwong337
yeah creepy smile. classic SF
RRL Shirt
RRL One Wash Selvaged Straight Leg
Frye Boots
Leather Belt
PAM
J.Crew Canvas Bag

- good stuff.. Now pick up your markers & RC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads