• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you drive a Manual or Automatic Car?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Manual. Last car was an automatic with steptronic, and hated it..

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously a stick is a real man's choice. Funny enough girls who drive stick are hotter too. My most serious relationships were with chicks who drove sports cars wtih sticks.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by analog_s1_t4
No, But I Want to drive this automatic car............. Get more details
that was a strange strange spam
Spelling-English-Jules.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asterix
Manual in my teenage through mid 20s but currently automatics and still dreaming/looking forward to owning a V12 Manual.
Aston? There aren't many '12s with manual boxes these days. It saddened me that the staggering MB SL65 and SL600s are autos, and I'm not sure manuals (short of flappy paddles) are available in the Ferrari V-12s. Who else is there?

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Aston? There aren't many '12s with manual boxes these days. It saddened me that the staggering MB SL65 and SL600s are autos, and I'm not sure manuals (short of flappy paddles) are available in the Ferrari V-12s. Who else is there?
You are right, not that many, especially outside of exotics.. Off the top of my head - both 599 and 612, murcielago, DB9, and plenty of exotics like koenigsegg CCX and pagani zonda are all still being made with a real stick. the old BMW 850 was ******* awesome with a manual and V12...

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, as far as a big engine and a stick, the V10 manual versions are pretty cool too - M5, Viper, Carrera GT, etc.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zonda's got a stick? And the CCX is a V8.

I completely agree about the BMW 80series. I will own one of those. I have a Jag with a -12, but no manual, which I intend to fix.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickshift
Dunno man, there's an awful lot you can do with a "standard manual" that you can't do with SMG/DKG/etc.

Such as...???

I recognize some of the fun of launch is lost, and maybe if you powershift you can do pretty well, but the new dual-clutch ******** are lightning fast and only getting better.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know, my driver takes care of all that gear-shifting.

eqpablon

Reaction score
I should be allowed to vote twice since both my cars are stick shift
smile.gif

Mauby

Reaction score
Started with auto-trans. That's what the driver's ed cars had in them, so that's what I learned. Drove automatics for a long time. Got into riding motorcycles which introduced me to gear shifting. Made the jump to manual. Have driven stick exclusively now for about 10 years. If I ever got a job that required me to do a lot of driving, I'd switch back to automatic in a heartbeat. Chicago stop & go traffic is not fun. Chicago suburban traffic is even worse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads