• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The official LVC thread***

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Since we don't have an official LVC thread I decided to start one.

First of all why isn't this **** available here and what are your favorite models? What do you wish they would reproduce from their archives and this is not limited to jeans. Post any and everything LVC here, the more pics the merrier. Thanks for playing.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread from you? wow. surprising to say the least

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
this thread from you? wow. surprising to say the least
lol. It's 2am in the morning and I thought I was dreaming when I saw this. The 1947 > all other models.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favourite of what I own are the 501 37, really great cut and details. Otherwise, what I want to see reprod again are the 1886 and 1901 duck pants!

modual

Reaction score
47's are my favourites out of what i've tried. Really need to try the 1966 501 and 1967 505.

Shorty Long

Reaction score
My 1944s. Started out raw/rigid. The '44s are my favorite, but I also like the '37.
L1020815.jpg

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Looks good.

I've always been turned off to LVC because the size/model differences are maddening and I'm not dedicated enough (too lazy) to figure it out.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I really would like a pair of the 66 505's, really like the cut and regardless of your aesthetic every American needs atleast one great pair of Levis IMO.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
^Looks good.

I've always been turned off to LVC because the size/model differences are maddening and I'm not dedicated enough (too lazy) to figure it out.

In 33s and 37s, I have had good luck with getting my true waist size + 2 inches in length. I guess they are somewhat oversized from the beginning, and shrinks down to around tagged size.

CodeRed

Reaction score
A quick break down on how the yrs/styles fit would be very helpful. I have Iron Heart's 634s that are my go to jean, but it is just to hot in SoCal to get much use out of them these days, so looking for something similar in a lighter weight denim. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Shorty Long

Reaction score
The late 19th/early 20th century models are usually made of the lightest-weight denim and have a fuller cut.

cultizm.com has a pretty extensive collection and decent descriptions of cut and denim weight

Originally Posted by CodeRed
A quick break down on how the yrs/styles fit would be very helpful. I have Iron Heart's 634s that are my go to jean, but it is just to hot in SoCal to get much use out of them these days, so looking for something similar in a lighter weight denim. Any advice would be much appreciated.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score

There are two threads on superfuture that will tell you all you want to know

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=14314
http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=34010

Shorty Long

Reaction score
As far as I know, LVC is no longer available in the US, unless you can find old stock...people were tracking down '47s on clearance at various Levi stores across the country, but that's been a while ago.

Originally Posted by nocoolonesleft
It's stupidly difficult to find LVC in/around Chicago
frown.gif

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could have sworn there was a wonderful SuperDenim thread with this info, but I can't find it anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads