• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheese

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm very fortunate to live in the Netherlands. The best cheese, believe it or not, comes from here. We got the Gouda and the Edam. Lovely.
I'm personally into young cheeses so this place is like paradise for me.

goudacheese.jpg

I could eat Gouda all day accompanied with some olives..or some sausage on the side.

Now what's your favourite cheese?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
You like it, the cheese?

I like cow's milk cheese I'm not sure which cheeses you are into..

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prefer the oude kaas

K

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back from my monthly trip down to Santa Monica and stopped by Andrew's Cheese Shop, as usual. Got some Figaro from Andante Dairy, a goat milk cheese wrapped in a wine soaked fig leaf and made only at the end of the fig season, and some Grevenbroecker, an awesome blue that looks like marble.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
snork[1].gif

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joseph K. Bank
Are individually wrapped cheese singles available in the Netherlands?

I don't know.
cold[1].gif

There's great cheeses that are machine wrapped over here, so there's no need for me to get individually wrapped ones.

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
I don't know.
cold[1].gif

There's great cheeses that are machine wrapped over here, so there's no need for me to get individually wrapped ones.

The individually wrapped cheese singles are good, sometimes when cheese is kept in the same bag together it can stick and break apart when you try to remove a single slice; especially if it was cut thinly which I prefer.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The individually wrapped cheese singles are good, sometimes when cheese is kept in the same bag together it can stick and break apart when you try to remove a single slice; especially if it was cut thinly which I prefer.

Are you talking actual cheese, or cheese product? The cheese product is ever so good, and has a great shelf life.

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Are you talking actual cheese, or cheese product? The cheese product is ever so good, and has a great shelf life.

Do you consider Kraft Singles to be a cheese or cheese product? I think it is made the same way that a cheddar or brie is but individually wrapped after it has been sliced.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Do you consider Kraft Singles to be a cheese or cheese product? I think it is made the same way that a cheddar or brie is but individually wrapped after it has been sliced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraft_Singles

Kraft Singles, like most other Kraft Cheese products, are marketed under "pasteurized prepared cheese product".

Ingredients: milk, whey, milkfat, milk protein concentrate, salt, calcium phosphate, sodium citrate, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate, sorbic acid as a preservative, apocarotenal (color),annatto (color), enzymes, vitamin D3, cheese culture,yellow dye.
Very tasty, and much easier to handle than some namby-pamby Euro cheese.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I love other cheeses, Kraft singles are great for a grilled cheese with tomato soup.

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads